[26] Everybody Breaks A Glass

*Vic Pov*

This morning, Hayley wanted me to read a few pages of her book and I said I would, in reality, I read one page and when I heard footsteps, I froze. The footsteps seemed to stop near my desk and I knew it was Kellin, once he moved away, I gave the book back to Hayley without saying any words. After class I rushed out. Not looking back. I wouldnt talk to anyone all day. Lunch came and I didnt talk to anyone. Mike and Tony were lost in some plans, Jaime was too busy eating. What caught my attention was everyone getting quiet and watching Kellin rush over to Jesse Lawson.

The Jesse Lawson is back. Hell is real and its about to grab me and drag me in. I felt myself get eaten away by nothingness as I sat there watching Kellin and Jesse. Its just the fact that Jesse is back. I went home late not able to even try to go job hunting, my mind went into a totally different place ever since I saw Jesse I walked into my house and Mike tried talking to me. All I heard was 'get fired all ready' and thats when I told him he was pissing me off and that was my first word to anyone all day. I dont regret it. And now I'm here laying in bed, I can hear my parents in the next room over freaking out over money problems and I'm trying so hard not to just go over there and tell them I want to help because I know thats not what they want to hear from me. I told them that about a year ago and they told me not to worry about it, at the time I was like, okay this is good! More time to think about Kellin. But now that Kellin did what he did to me, I really dont need this extra time.

---

I wake up and I look around in my dark room, I sigh before getting up and getting ready for my day. One more day of ignoring Kellin, one more day of staying out of Jesse's away. I rush out of the house not even bothering to wait for Mike, I have a test in my first class anyways I should get there before him. I rush into the school along with a lot of other teenagers. I get lost into the crowd so if Jesse were to be looking for me I'd be nowhere to be seen. I go into class and I'm the first person there so I try not to make awkward eye contact with Miss.Blue.

"Victor" Miss.Blue says, well so much for the trying not to be awkward to a teacher thing.

"yes" I say as I look up at her

"This is none of my business but I need to know, is everything okay?" She asks

"yeah everything is fine" I say and I give her a reassuring smile

"I know I'm only a teacher but I'm here if you need to talk, I dont want you holding your feelings in" she says and I just nod and no more words are shared. A few minutes later and teenagers start rushing in, laughing,talking, making lots of noises.

I ignore Kellin when he walks in and I swear I heard him mumble a small 'I'm sorry' as he walked past me. Miss.Blue then gave everyone a test and told us to begin right away.After the test I sit there in silence looking around the room. My eyes falling on Kellin, he looks so confused and lost.

--

The bell rings and I'm on my way to my next class when I feel a hand go over my mouth and before I know it I'm being dragged into the bathroom, I try moving out of the grip and move the persons arm but its no use. I give up and before I know it I'm turned around to be face to face with satan himself, Jesse.

"Miss me?" He adds with a smirk as he pushes me to the wall

"Not really" I mumble

"What was that Fuentes?" He says raising his voice, his hands gripping onto the collar of my shirt as he pulls me closer to him then pushes me harder to the wall making a sharp pain go into my back.

"I missed you" I quickly say and then he removes a hand from my collar and slaps me.

"Liar" He says in my ear as he leans closer to me, his breath making goosebumps go up my skin. I hear the bell ring signaling I'm late to class.

"listen here Fuentes, I bought you this present" He says, one hand still gripping onto my shirt, the pressure going onto my collar bone and the other hand in his pocket, he takes out a square box. "Dont get to excited, its makeup, are you wondering why I'm giving you makeup?" He adds and I just nod, not wanting to say anything he wont like.

"Well good question Vic, thanks for asking it, well heres the deal, Kellin doesnt want jack and I to hurt you anymore, and do you want to know what I think of that? Thats bullshit, so, Kellin cant know about this, and if he does in anyway hear out of your mouth that I've hurt you, You are dead Fuentes, fucking dead, dont even bother telling your little brother so he can save you, noone can save you, either way you lose,  either you lose with slight pain or you lose in way more pain than you can imagine" He says putting the makeup in my pocket and letting go of his grip on me. I take that as my chance and I try running away but hes too fast for me and he pulls me back to him and pushes me against the mirror on the wall, I hear it shatter and I feel a piece of glass hitting the back of my neck. I watch as Jesse reaches for a piece and I close my eyes, I feel a sharp edge pressed to my cheek and I feel Jesse pushing it deeper as he traces it against my cheek, my breath slows down as I start getting really scared of what else hes going to do. I open my eyes and to my surprise he drops the glass.

"I need to go, but you'll see me tomorrow, dont try to hide, I will find you, remember our deal" He says with a smile before walking away and I let out a sigh of relief 

I look in the mirror and I clean up all the blood on my cheek and when its dry I cover it with the makeup color, and I try blending it in so it seems normal. I dont understand how girls can wear makeup all over their face, I cough a little when I accidently put some too close to my lip and it goes into my mouth. then I put the box back into my pocket. Until tomorrow my new friend, I let out a shaky breath before walking out of the bathroom

----

"I heard some idiots were playing with a soccer ball in the bathroom and they broke a mirror" Tony says as I take my seat at the lunch table

"really? wow I didnt know poeple did that" I say, if only they knew what really happened to that mirror. Even though I didnt agree to Jesse's deal because I dont want him to hurt me at all but at the same time I'm just going to have to go along with this, so they might never know what really happened to that bathroom mirror.