[55] Ten colors

40K READS OH MY GOD. I LOVE YOU GUYS
CHAPTER DEDICATION: EVERYONE WHO IS CURRENTLY READING THIS, YES THAT MEANS YOU.
SONG OF CHAPTER: COLOR BY THE MAINE

'we're just trying to find some color in this black and white world'
*Kellin pov*

"ten colors to look for today.. You have to tell me where you see these colors" Vic says and I just nod my head as I watch him put one more coat of paint over the mess I made on the wall when I was drunk.  When I woke up the next day I was surprised that Vic wrote 'I'm sorry' over the words, I knew it was him because of the hand writing.

"okay what colors are they?" I ask
"Red, Orange, Black, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Brown, light blue, pink"
"Blue twice, why is that?" I ask as Vic closes up the paint bucket
"I felt like it, now you ready for school?" Vic asks

"no one is ever, 'ready' for school" I say and he smiles at me
"good, lets go to school unprepared together!" he says as he puts his hand in mine and we walk down the stairs, grabbing our backpacks that are by the door.

"well heres a start, the grass is green" I say as Vic's hand leaves mine and he opens the passenger door for me.
"theres a start, keep the rest for school though"

---

I sit in my English class and all I can think about is the colors Vic told me.. Mrs.Reed and her dark red hair.. Checking red off my list. the kid sitting behind me has bright Orange hair... You really dont notice these things, well I never would've if it wasnt for Vic's task.. Now I just need Black, Yellow, Blue, Light blue, and pink.

"Mr.Bostwick" Mrs. Reed says snapping me out of my thoughts
"What?" I ask confused.. "Oh and its Quinn" I say softly
"Mr.Quinn, I just wanted to give you this letter, its from mr.Sanders" she says holding out a paper, I get out of my seat and walk to her taking it out of her hands, I sit back down after mumbling a small thank you. What possibly could this dude want, is this a complaint letter for bringing down Vic's grades.

'Dear Kellin,
Just wanted to congratulate you on behalf of me and all of your other teachers, throughout your high school years you've been horrible at English class and haven't been the best student, but you are greatly improving this year. Also on a side note, my apologies for blaming you on the fall of Mr.Fuentes's grades,
Congrats on your improvement!
Mr.Sanders'

Well isnt this cool. I finally have something to put on my fridge. Such a short letter though, thought it would be a little bit longer. I am a little disappointed.

---

I walk out of the art class room, Alex not close to me because he spilled pant and has to pick it up, we havent been talking too much lately, but I dont think its me, he seems to be content and normal just without talking to me, no awkwardness, he just isnt making an effort to talk to me.

"Forgot you had art, I bet you saw all the colors already" Vic says as he puts his hand in mine and leads me away from the door.
"isn't the lunch room the other way?" I ask confused
"yeah but this is better" he says opening the back exit and we walk outside. we both sit down on the grass, Vic's hand in mine.

"I didnt realize how red my teachers hair was" I admit randomly breaking the silence, "and the kid behind me with the bright orange hair" I add

"the things you notice when you are looking for them" Vic says looking up at the sun

"wait and I got this today" I say and I take my hand out of Vic's and open my backpack, I take out the letter and hand it to him, he takes it and his eyes start rooming the paper.

"I'm so proud of you!" He says as he throws his arms around me making my back collide to the ground.
"too proud?" I ask as he holds me tighter.
"can never be too proud" Vic says before removing himself from on top of me and laying next to me.

"I also did see all the colors in the art room so I guess my ten things for the day are finished" I say with a shrug.

"Do you remember the time I made a speech in elementary school?" Vic asks and I turn my head to face him.
"I'm...I .." I try thinking, "I dont think I remember" I admit and he smiles a little

"little fucker you did fall asleep" he says with a laugh
"What? I dont know what you are talking about" I say defensively
"I made a speech and I swear you were asleep!" Vic says

"I did master the art of sleeping standing up..But Vic maybe I just dont remember"
"sure"
"Okay fine I think I might've been asleep" I admit shyly before looking up at the sky.

I've never liked sitting/standing for long speeches no matter what the event was and so I remember Vic walking to the microphone but everything after that is all a blur. I remember zoning back in when Justin started complaining about how fancy we were and how kids werent made to dress all high class, I was like, dude we are in elementary school they think its cute, smile for the ladies. I was a weird kid, weird but really cute and well I still am.

"Smile for the ladies?" Vic questions
"wait, did I say that out loud?" I ask confused, I feel my face start heating up
"Thats all you said"
"I was reliving moments of that day in my mind, someone complained about us being so fancy and so thats what I said" I state

"why not for the guys?"
"you ask so many questions"
"well why not?"
"Because, I dont know Vic, maybe because I was ten and didnt know I liked guys and because I was talking to a straight guy, dont tell me you" I start but then stop myself
"I what?" Vic asks pushing the conversation

"when you were ten..Did you..Know who you were? Like..Well gay"
"Yeah I guess I did..I always had feelings for this guy and then I realized that year that those feelings were more than, 'he seems cool,what would it be like to be his friend'..It was the 'I have a crush on this person' feeling. The butterflies and all, I guess I always had a crush on you, its just that I didnt realize what it was, the drawings I would do of you and I, I thought it was just me wanting to be your friend but looking back on it all, I was in love with you and I never even had a chance to really say something to you..I didnt even know what love was" Vic says and I move my body closer to him and put my head on his chest.

"tell me the story of when you found out you liked me" I say softly as he starts running his fingers through my hair.

"Well, it was the second day of fifth grade.. You were in my class, I had to sit next to you that day, it was because Justin and you kept talking to much, I put my arm on my desk and you put yours next to mine, I had to pick something up with my other hand and that made my arm move, touching yours, I felt something, I think my face turned red, Jaime walked into the room and he gave me this look. Later he pointed out that I was as red as the crayon I was drawing with. You didnt even notice, you were too caught up in a conversation, I found myself desperate for your attention but I kept my mouth quiet, you know the whole...Too scared to talk type of thing.. I was so upset when they switched your class though, I blamed Justin in my mind, I knew if he kept coming up to you they would switch you to another teacher" Vic says and he stops playing with my hair.

"you seem tired, its Friday, how about we just stay out here the rest of the school day" Vic suggests and I nod my head before closing my eyes.

"I also got today off" Vic adds and I let out a yawn, "I should shut up and let you sleep, shouldn't I?" Vic asks with a laugh and I just feel my eyes get heaver as I fall asleep outside of the school with my head on Vic's chest.

* A/N: smallish chapters to make the story last longer*