[25] guess whos back Jesse's back

*Kellin Pov*

I walk into school, yesterday after the hug things changed all over again, Vic wouldn't look me in the eyes. He told me to watch out for Mike. Vic left pretty quickly which wasnt what I wanted, I wanted him to get the information he wanted, I wanted him to know me and give me another chance, this time a real chance at friendship, he calms to be giving me a chance but friendships arent really this slow, are they?

I walk into Miss.Blue's room and as expected, Vic found an excuse not to look at me, hes reading a book, I think it belongs to Hayley because theres a pink book mark farther in the book than where he is. I continue walking past him to go to my old desk.

"Whats got you down Quinn?" Oliver asks, his British accent more noticeable than ever.

Besides the fact I want Vic to not ignore me? and the fact people might think I'm weak and fully soft now? Lots of things.

"Nothing" I mumble as I lazily take my notebook out of my backpack.

"Well cheer up, I hear Jesse's back" Jack says with a smile and I look up at him in shock

"Jesse?" I ask

"You know it" Jack says still smiling

"I thought he moved or something" I state  

"Didn't we all" Oliver says and I look away from them and at the blank note book page in front of me.

Jesse Lawson. The badass. Also a really close friend of mine. Anyways, Jesse and I go way back, well the summer of our second year of middle school, I went to the mall one day and when I was getting something to eat, he was too, he complemented me on my jacket and I said thanks in a harsh way really. After all I'm me, he then said something about my shirt, he was all like 'You listen to U2?!?' and I was shocked he knew who they were, we got our food, sat down and started talking about U2 none stop, finding out we both loved their music and had the same favorite songs, he mentioned that he was new and we kept in touch during the summer and the first day of school he was in my group and in now time people would treat him just like everyone else in my group. I got mad once because it was like Jesse and Jack were becoming closer but then I found out it wasnt the case, it wasnt that they were going against me or became closer in a friend way, I think it was something about them having the same person they hate that brought them closer, I didnt and wont ever get involved in that, I still dont really know who that person is. Jack bothers a lot of people so it could be anyone.

"Hey, Kellin. Um the bell just rang and you sitting there scares me, and we have a test tomorrow" Oliver says crushing my train of thoughts and bringing me back into the reality of school.

"sorry" I mutter before walking with him out of class. Tomorrow will just be another test I'm going to fail.

--- Lunch comes around and I still havent seen or heard Jesse anywhere. I glance at Vic's table before sitting down at mine.

"Did you apologize?" Justin asks

"yes I did" I say softly and I look up across the room where I see a familiar looking ginger. "Jesse!" I say loudly and I stand up and practically run over, I bet everyone is looking at me. I put Jesse in a bear hug almost making him fall over.

"Aye! Kellin! Its you" He says happily as I take my arms away from him.

"You didnt tell me you were coming back" I say

"It was a surprise, but you're the one who surprised me! I didn't know where I was going to sit" He says and I start walking and wave for him to follow me, he walks besides me as we go to my table and Justin, Jack and Oliver start cheering.

"Hes back!" Justin says as he gets up and gives Jesse a hug before he sits down.

"I'm back" Jesse says and Justin starts asking Jesse questions on how hes been and how is summer was. He had a long ass summer and hes telling us it was okay.

"So Justin,Jack, when can we get back to messing with Vic?" Jesse asks and Jack looks over to me

"I told you guys I didnt want to do that anymore" Justin states and I look at them confused

"Kellin doesnt want us messing with Fuentes anymore" Jack states

"I'm sure Kellin will be fine with it" Jesse says and he looks over at me with a smile, I dont return the smile which leads to his fading and he looks at me in confusion.

"You really arent okay with it" Jesse says

"I'm not" I state

"and why is that?"

Because I fucked up and he hates me and I broke his heart and now I actually feel bad and I miss his attention, and Justin wants me to make sure Vic is okay again and that everything goes back to normal and Justin wanted me to apologize and make things feel like Vic and I never talked when in all reality I've realized I need vic's attention and I might actually care for him. Keyword, Might. I dont want to say I do because I'm Kellin Quinn, I dont care for people. But yet Victor could be an exception, keyword, could. I blame Justin for pushing me to get a boyfriend. I blame Justin for making me make sure Vic is okay and happy. I blame Justin Hills. I dont even know if I can blame myself.

"Because I dont think its right" I say trying to keep a straight face.

"Do you like him?" Jesse asks confused

"as a friend" I state

"since when did you and loser fuentes become friends?" Jesse asks

"he isnt a fucking loser" I say loudly as I hit my hand on the table "and since the first week of school" I add softly

"oh" Jesse says with a shurg "we are going to have to find someone else to pick on" He adds as he looks over at Jack who nods in agreement. I roll my eyes.

---

Today straight out sucked after lunch I didnt see Jesse the rest of the day and when I went into gym and saw Vic I smiled at him and he just looked away almost like he didnt see me. I tried saying hi to him when we were at the soccer field but he just pretended not to hear me and he walked away. I gave up and sat behind the bleachers as the wind started picking up. Its never windy like this, but I felt cold and goosebumps started covering my arms and there was no one to warm me up, no one to give me a jacket. No one to care. When everyone started going inside I ran in, changed, waited for the bell to ring then I went home, Parents still gone. No update voice mail on the home phone. Dark. Cold. Alone.

I sigh as I look at my walls. My phone rings making me jump and I answer it.

"Quinn, why wont Vic talk to me?" Mike asks angrily

"How am I supposed to know?" I ask harshly "He wont say a fucking word to me" I add

"Well now hes giving me the silent treatment and told me I pissed him off, when in reality, I know its you, you're going to get it Kellin"

"Bring it on Fuentes, Bring. It. On" I end the call and I put my phone on my desk and cover my face with my other pillow hoping to suffocate myself.