Loki | One Bite

In his hand; one single red apple.

Your eyes lingered on it, unsure. Should you take it? You'd talked yourself into it a long time ago, but things were different now. You were happier, and content with life. The redness of the apple warned you of what would happen the moment you ate it. Immortality.

Loki's long fingers curled around it before it disappeared from sight. "Are you alright, my love?"

You looked to him. "I don't know if I should," you admitted.

He put it down on the kitchen counter. "If you want it, you can have it." He seemed slightly upset at your negative reaction to his offer of you ruling beside him for the rest of eternity until fate deemed fit. The only way out of immortality was injury. Dying from physical factors. Other than that, that was it. You could live with him for the rest of your life - if you could call it that. What was life without death? You can't just have one, and you knew that. A war between your moral code, your lust and your selfishness raged in your mind, whist your heart called to you to eat it and never be parted from his side that you always craved. Decisions, decisions.

You looked at the apple, then back to his green eyes which were staring at you at an intensity that wasn't common. His look was pleading. One bite. That's all it would take. One little bite and you'd never die. Your ageing would slow and you could be with him forever. But what if forever was too much? What if this was only fun whilst you knew that time would run out? You loved him for sure. You knew that. But could love really last centuries? Millennia? Eternity? What would happen after the lust faded and you physically changed. Could you commit to watching your loved ones die? To watching everyone and everything you loved aside from him perish beside you? In front of you? Immortality sounded amazing before you'd realised why there was such a thing as death. Death made people think and treasure moments. What if there was no need to rush anymore? What was life without death? Was it possible?

"Will you hate me if I..." You couldn't bring yourself to say the rest.

He looked down. "No, (Y/N). I understand if you don't want it. You have family... And friends. And it's selfish for me to ask that of you."

You sighed, looking back at the apple on the counter. "You know I love you."

He nodded, pressing his forehead against yours. "As I love you."

"And nothing will change that."

He hummed his agreement. "Nothing."

Were you ready?

You drew away from him, his brows knit together in thought and fear. Just one bite would change it all.

You reached out and held the fruit. It was light. It was the opposite to the burden it placed on you that made breathing hard. You held it closer to yourself. Just one bite. Eternity couldn't hurt, right? And if you wanted to revoke it... You knew exactly what to do.

You exhaled, looking into his eyes as you brought the apple to your mouth.

-------

Did you eat it?