Tony | Captivated Part 6

It had been three days since William, and Tony had gone from scary to almost human after he'd almost tripped on his own feet, sending all of the girls, and yourself into a fit of silent giggles. So much for the big bad persona.

And in those three days, you'd met numerous other Avengers. The Hulk had been the most scary, by far. The marks on his people were the first warning sign. You hadn't seen so many wounds on a person before that. Even Natasha was smart about where she hit them. This was just pure violence, and it made you... appreciate... Tony, funnily enough.

Captain America was nice. He actually seemed to care about what was happening in your roller coaster of a life. He'd sat next to you and talked to you for ages, and his people - of which he only had two - looked to be normal.

And then there was Hawkeye. He was a jokester, and looked so at home next to Natasha, which was also strange because you were sure she was with the Hulk. Hawkeye just lounged around, talking with whoever happened to be in the room with him. He was extremely chilled. Somewhere through all of that, you wondered where Thor was.

"Boo," you heard as two hands placed themselves on your shoulders. You would've jumped had it not been for the female voice, but flinch you did.

"Care!" you laughed, turning around to hug her. The both of you usually hung out together and played games, talked, baked, or all of the above. Without a phone, there was so much free time.

"I'm going for a swim. You coming?" she asked.

You nodded, racing to your room to change and get a towel before running back down to meet her outstretched arm and take it. She led you to the beautiful pool and the both of you took pool noodles and a sitting net which was essentially floaty things on the side and a net in the middle to sit in, still slightly immersed in water.

"Watch this," she said, grinning and stepping up to the diving board before throwing her noodle into the water away from her. She jumped a few times before taking a serious jump and tucking to make it into a forward roll.

She hit the water rather gracefully for what was essentially a fancy bomb. She surfaced laughing. "Your turn!"

You grinned, throwing your noodle in before stepping up to the plate. You tried to copy her movements. A few small jumps before a serious one. Ok. You got ready, moving your toes to the edge. You'd watched too many fails of this to not be worried.

You took in a deep breath and looked to where you wanted to land before taking your first small jump.

One.

Two.

Three - was that Tony?!

You didn't jump, the board springing back up as you came down, pushing you off. You fell into the water extremely ungracefully, groaning as you surfaced. Caroline wasn't laughing. She was staring at Tony who was hovering over the both of you, clapping. "I declare Caroline the winner." Dick. Then he looked straight into your eyes. "Nice bikini, by the way."

You blocked his view with Caroline who was stuck frozen. Your cheeks were burning red.

He chuckled before simply walking away.

"I don't want to swim anymore," you whispered, softly hitting her shoulder with your forehead.

*****

You finished washing your hair, coming out of the shower. You dressed and began to towel dry your hair as you went to go find Caroline's room in the maze this mansion was.

You knocked on a door. Blonde, but nope. Not Caroline.

You knocked on the next one and the girl you'd came with opened it. Clearly not Caroline.

The third door was a fail as well. You sighed, looking back and seeing water all over the carpet where your hair had happily attempted to dry off.

You looked at the two grand doors at the end of the corridor. Fishy. Possibly not Caroline's room. Were you willing to take that risk?

You walked up to it before putting your ear against it. No girly voice in there. Probably best to leave it alone. But of course, curiosity killed the cat, and as you fell through a doorway for the second time this week, you accidentally grabbed something you didn't want to.

Your eyes were glued to his downstairs area purely by shock, the towel he'd had on now in your hands. You mouth was near an o shape as you screamed "Ah!". And if you'd been red at the pool, this was a whole other shade of red that made it to your neck.

When your brain reconnected to your body, your eyes shut, your hand dropping the towel and coming to cover them even more. What was the phrase? Oh right. Scarred for life!

"Oh my god I'm sorry!" you gasped as you attempted to get out without opening your eyes, resulting in you hitting your head. You groaned, your other hand going to rub your now sore head.

He hadn't said a thing, but you'd heard the towel move.

"You can open your eyes now," he said. When you did, you made sure to look up. You assessed his face. His lips were turned up, his eyes a little sparkly. He was amused. He chuckled, holding his hand out. You took it fearfully and he pulled you up. "Well. We're even now," he decided.

Your frowned, confused.

"I saw you half naked and well... Need I say more?"

Red came back.

"I'll go now," you said, only making him laugh as you scurried off, scarred.