Steve | In These Moments Part 4

As promised :)

----

You stared at the remote. Now that you held it, you weren't sure if you wanted to do it. "Steve, I - "

"No," he said. "No. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I... I just got caught up..." He looked like he was on the verge of crying.

You leaned forward holding him. He sighed, holding back tears and letting the proximity of your body calm him. You sighed, moving away. "Steve..."

He nodded. "Do it."

You shook your head. "Go say goodbye."

He took your hands, kissing them before he kissed your lips. "Thank you," he whispered, getting up and walking off.

*****

"I told you to say goodbye! Not to kiss her!" You were infuriated. How could he?! How the hell could he?! And he was supposed to be the moral Avenger! When did cheating become ok?

He stared at you like a hurt puppy.

"I can't believe you," you said, shaking your head, feeling exasperated. "What were you doing in the tent before, huh?"

"Having fondue..."

"The heck you were! As if! What is it code for, Steve? What were you doing in there?!"

"It's literally cheese and bread, (Y/N)!" He took a second. "You thought that I..." You felt a little guilty and silly now, but still very, very annoyed after watching that little pash. "Why would you think that?!"

You scoffed. "Oh. Maybe it's because you ran off with her the moment you saw her."

He fell silent. Gotcha.

He sighed. "(Y/N/N), I can't help that I love her. I didn't get to say goodbye like this last time... I'm sorry."

"Well I'm not having this conversation anymore," you said, grabbing his arm. You pressed the one button on the remote that sent you back.

*****

You landed on the ground, spewing, yet again, the inside contents of your stomach. But this ground wasn't normal. You flinched as the adrenalin from the jump subsided and you realised how cold it was.

You looked over to Steve who looked a bit like he was having a panic attack. You checked the remote. Oh no.

"Steve. Where'd you put it?" you asked. How had he managed to take it off you?

"It's not with me."

You began to shiver and he came over, effectively ending any arguments you had by offering you warmth.

You looked around. This wasn't Tony's place. This was most definitely not Tony's place, unless he'd completely refurbished and invented a virtual reality - which you wouldn't be so surprised at. "Where are we?"

It was just glaciers and ice caps and floating chunks of solid ice, like the one you were standing on. You began to feel a little sea sick from the movement. You looked to him, noticing the distress.

"Oh gosh. Steve..." You wrapped your arms around him.

You knew exactly where you were, and he knew this place all too well. After all, he'd slept under it for sixty six years.