Loki - This is Part 5: the end

He treats you differently now. You've noticed how he stands closer to you. How his arm brushes yours as you sit together during meals. He stares at you more often. You like that.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks, drawing you out of your thoughts and back into reality.

You look to him and shrug. "Nothing."

"That's impossible," he replies, walking across the room to sit in front of you. Your knees touch and you feel a rush of something go through you as you look into his eyes.

"Nothing's impossible."

He smiles. "That is true." He touches your face, caressing your cheek and brings a blush to it. He looks so gentle. The way he looks at you makes you feel funny. Makes you feel unsure. You're good at that, but he's even better at making you feel it.

He suddenly drops his hand and you miss the contact. You're not quite sure why he dropped it. Then Bruce comes in. It begins to make sense.

"Natasha wants you," he says to you. You nod and walk out. Loki follows you but Bruce stops him with a hand to the chest. "Just her."

Loki glares at him but with a plead of your eyes, he backs down.

**************

You return from your rather painful session with Natasha. You have a bruise forming on your back. Natasha had kicked you hard there. There were no hard feelings. Only regret.

Loki's there, lying on his part of the bed. His eyes are closed and he looks in anguish, yet peaceful.

You decide you don't want to disrupt him and so you leave him, but you hear him say something.

"Does she love me?" you hear.

You decide on staying, eavesdropping. You know it's rude to do that, but you can't care less. You want to know who that woman is. Why he's so riled up about her. Why he won't leave without her. You won't admit it out loud, but you're beginning to wish you were her. You've seen how he talks about her with passion that transcends all understanding. He's only met her once by the looks of it, but he's made his word her.

"No one could love a frost giant," he decides. "I'm not even one. I'm an abomination." You hate to hear him talk about hisself like that. You feel sorrow but no pity.

On a whim, you walk in. "Loki," you say.

He looks at you, alarmed. "How... How long have you been standing there for?"

You lie. "I just got here."

He breathes out, relieved. "Oh."

You go and sit on the bed next to him, wincing. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

You smile. "Impossible."

He smiles back, sitting up. It jostles you and you wince again. You should've told Natasha to go easy on you.

He frowns immediately. "Are you alright?" he asks. His voice is filled with so much worry. You smooth away his frown with your thumbs. There's no longer a physical barrier. All the barriers between the two of you seemed to have been broken when you'd seen what drove him to despise life.

"I'm alright. Just a couple of bruises," you reply.

"Would you like me to..." He stops.

You look at him. "What?"

"I could heal them... If you would allow me to."

You don't say anything. His hand hovers close to your skin through your clothing as he assesses what's damaged. He begins to lift your shirt. You squirm slightly, not used to the feeling. He puts his hand on your lower back, skin to skin contact. You inhale sharply.