Loki | Preferential Treatment

"Hey, wait, (Y/N), can I just talk to you for a second?" your legal teacher said, making all of your friends look at you suspiciously. You shrugged, staying back whilst everyone exited the room.

You leaned back on the desk closest to the teacher's and waited for whatever she had to say. She wasn't frowning so that was a good sign. She unplugged her laptop before walking over to you. "Am I in trouble?" you asked, hoping it was a no.

She laughed. "No. Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to go meet the Governor."

You weren't quite sure what to say. It was a kind of funny in joke. "Sure."

"You don't have to if you don't want to. It's alright," she added.

You shook your head. "No. It's ok. I want to."

She smiled. "Alright. Here's the information." She handed you a sheet and you read it quickly. Essentially, it was a day for leadership and all of its many, many perks. You were most definitely excited. And you were going to see some pretty darn good architecture.

*****

You arrived at the castle like structure which was the Governor's House. It was made from different kinds of stone and wood and reminded you of a fortress overlooking the sea. Standing next to you was Mike. He was the only other candidate from your school and safe to say he was one of the very few who made up the pinnacle of academic excellence.

"Right, ladies and gentlemen," one of the tour guides said, smiling. "Welcome! You'll be going on a quick tour around the house, and then the Governor should be coming back!"

You knew this place already. You were put in the first group and were led down the familiar footpath to to where a red carpet had been laid on the ground a long time ago from all the events.

You walked in, musing over the old smell and the beauty of the architecture. Everything in here was old, but it was nice.

The tour guide rambled on about interesting facts as you slipped off to the main staircase that led to the upstairs of the house - the private quarters.

Just as you made it to the second top step, you heard, "What are you doing?" You turned, and as you were about to come up with some sort of lie, you felt a presence behind you.

"It's fine. She's allowed up here," Loki said, smiling.

The guide's eyes widened for a second before she nodded. "Absolutely. Sorry, Mr. Odinson."

Loki mused at that before holding his hand out to you. You took it, smiling as he led you up. "Thanks," you mumbled as he pulled you into a hug.

He smiled. "You're very welcome Miss (Y/L/N)."

You rolled your eyes, immediately dispensing with the formalities. He led you to the balcony where fort shaped blocks of stone separated the level from the ground.

He pulled out the chair for you, seating you before going to sit opposite you, smiling. "Are you hungry?" he asked.

You couldn't help but grin. "A little."

He peered over the balcony where people were wandering around. If only they could see the view from here. It was utterly majestic. The calm waters of the harbor were definitely visible with a navy ship close by. You'd always wondered why that was there.

The both of you had lunch before he decided that keeping you from a agenda here was rude. He walked down with you, keeping your hand in his as you walked through the familiar, prestigious house.

"Nice turnout," Loki said, chuckling.

You shrugged. "We're the 'future leaders of this country'." You hid a chuckle and he did too.

You smiled, going to take a seat in front of the podium where a microphone was prepped and ready to go. Soon enough, you were all told to stand as the Governor walked in with his wife and presented his speech on his duty and his love for his state. You weren't sure whether or not he was lying about loving every moment he spent with everyday citizens, but you weren't going to pry. The guy was nice regardless of the cameras and had approved of you with Loki. That was enough for you.

*****

The Governor's speech ended and everyone rushed to take photos with him. Loki took his place on the sidelines with some of the staff, but ended up standing with you anyways as you got juice.

"Orange?" he asked, holding out a glass for you.

You took it. "Thanks."

You watched people fawn over the Governor and slightly wondered why. Wasn't like he was the king or anything.

Loki's eyes scanned you, hiding their mirth.

You unleashed the full force of your eyes on him. "Does something amuse you, Odinson?"

He chuckled. "Nothing at all... But... Something is bothering me."

You took a sip of your juice. "Hm?"

"Dinner tonight? You and me?"

You let out a breath. "Ooh. See, I'd love to go, it's just that I'm a future leader of this country and I don't have time for peasants like you - " He scoffed, nudging you and chuckling. You giggled along. "I'm joking. Of course I'll go."

He smiled.

---

Ello dere. Hope you enjoyed reading my little drabble. Well this is kind of on time haha. 80 likes for the Steve update!