Natasha | Me

Request:

Potterhead221 - An imagine where Nat goes on a mission and Y/N is a foreign spy/assassin and Nat goes to take Y/N out but doesn't because she sees herself in Y/N

.

.

Natasha POV –

My teeth were grit as I held the rifle. Even though most of its weight was taken by the tripod, it still felt heavy.

Three hundred metres away, on a lower floor of an apartment block, with the curtains drawn and the light of the TV glaring out, was my target. From here she looked harmless. I'd met her once, walking the street below here apartment. She'd been... nice for an assassin.

I stopped myself from thinking too much back into that. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it if I did. I took in a deep breath, shut my left eye, looking down the monocular, and waited for her to appear. The bricks, if I shot through them, would take up too much of the impact and she'd only be left with a couple cosmetic wounds. That wasn't my mission. My mission was to kill her.

I waited a couple more minutes, but she didn't move from her position on the couch. I could only see her legs which were outstretched, her feet on the coffee table. She was probably asleep. I'd probably have to wait until morning – she reached for the remote. I missed a chance to take a shot.

I sighed, knowing I'd have to wait for the chance again.

I waited, impatient.

I was usually the most patient when it came to the beautiful game of cat and mouse, but this time, I guess I wasn't hungry.

I took in a deep breath and held it before letting go of the gun and rolling onto my back, looking up at the stars. It was nice to see no clouds. I could watch the slight sparkle in all of them forever. I let my breath go, watching as my breath fogged up in the slightly chilly air.

After a couple minutes of watching the stars, I returned to look through the monocular.

I was taken back.

She stood there, by the window, eyes trained on me. How had she known?

My hand shook as I reached to hold the trigger under my finger.

She simply watched me. Did she recognise me?

I felt like I knew her. Even if it was only a passing exchange whilst on a walk. She reminded me of someone... Of myself.

I chuckled bitterly at the irony. I'd probably have done the same thing to unnerve my killer.

I looked at her hands. She had no weapons.

I huffed, decisions, decisions.

My mind told me to shoot, but my heart told me that it wasn't all her fault that she'd grown to be so cold. After all, hadn't I?

But this was my mission.

I nodded to myself, then pulled the trigger.

I watched her flinch before the bullet passed her, only taking with it a small graze. Then I ran.

-----

GUYSSS I'm going to start book 2!!!! ARE YOU EXCITED BECAUSE I AM! :D