Never Gonna Leave This Bed

I don't know what time it is when I wake up, but when I slowly blink my eyes open, it's still dark. I close my eyes for a second before opening them again and glancing over at the clock that reads 3:27 am and I let out a groan. I hear something rustle next to me and I turn my head to see (Y/N) curled up on the other side of the bed, her chest slowly rising and falling with each breath.

I carefully scoot closer to her and wrap an arm around her waist, placing a kiss to her hair, soft enough to not wake her up.

"Harry?" she whispers and I have to ignore the way my heart feels like it's ripping apart in my chest, thinking about the countless times I've left her alone in the middle of night to fly to another country. I don't even want to think about how many times she's woken up in the middle of the night and I haven't been there.

"I'm right here," I say, rubbing a hand up and down her side and kissing her shoulder. "I'm right here. Go back to sleep."

She hums in response, and I can tell she's already half asleep. I keep rubbing her side until her breathing slows, her chest rising and falling in perfect rhythm with mine. I close my eyes again, just enjoying her presence and the last thought that enters my mind before I finally drift off is how everything just feels right.

-

I slowly blink my eyes open, but close them again when I'm greeted by blinding sunlight streaming in from the windows. I twist my head to find (Y/N) still sleeping peacefully with her head resting on my shoulder. I absentmindedly bring my hand to the hem of her shirt and begin tracing circles into the skin of her hip. She shifts under my touch, her head moving closer to my neck I can feel her breath against my skin.

She settles again, but not before I feel lips being pressed to my neck. I turn my head enough to look down and I find her looking up at me with a sleepy smile.

"Good morning," I say, leaning my head down to kiss the tip of her nose.

"Morning," she says, her eyes fluttering closed before moving her head back to its original position on my shoulder. I kiss the top of her head as my stomach makes a quiet gurgling sound, echoed by the quiet of the room.

"I'm gonna go make some breakfast."

I slowly entangle myself from (Y/N)'s grip and make my way into the kitchen. I search the cupboards quietly for a pan, a bowl and the pancake mix.

Fifteen minutes later I'm carrying two plates back into the bedroom. Luckily, (Y/N) seems to be awake, so I had her one of the plates.

"Harry."

"Hmm?" I look over to find her staring down at the plate.

"Did you really make a heart out of syrup?"

"At least you know it was made with love."

-

(Y/N) and I have returned to cuddling, an air of silence hanging over the room. I stare at the ceiling, listening to the steady rhythm of (Y/N)'s breathing.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" I ask.

"Not really. I'd rather spend the day like this."

"We could do that, too," I say. "How about a movie then?"

"Okay."

I get up off the bed and walk over to the stack of movies sitting by the DVD player. "What do you want to watch?"

"Whatever you want to watch."

I glance through the titles before deciding on 50 First Dates. I pop the disc into the player and return to my spot next to (Y/N). She curls into my side as the movie begins to play. Instead of watching the screen in front of me, my eyes wander back to (Y/N), watching her smile at the screen.

"I can feel you watching me," she says, still looking at the TV.

"Sorry," I mumble. "But you're more interesting than the movie."

She turns her head to look up at me. "Is that so?"

"Mhm."

"But I'm not even doing anything."

"Doesn't matter, because it's just the two of us. I'm here with you and that's all that matters."