Don't Wake Me Up

"Hey," (Y/N) says with a bright smile when she answers my skype call, and the sight of her face again already brings an equally big smile to my face. "Why are you calling me so early? Isn't it like seven in the morning over there?"

"Yeah, but I couldn't sleep until you heard this."

(Y/N) smiles again and brings a hand up to rest under her chin, like she does every time I let her hear a new song. I grab the guitar next to me and rest it in my lap. I glance at (Y/N) one more time before I begin strumming the strings.

I got a heart

And I got a soul

Believe me I will use them both

We made a start

Be it a false one I know

Baby I don't want to feel alone

So kiss me where I lay down my hands pressed to your cheeks

A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were eighteen

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

Before I can continue the song, there's a loud knock on the wall, coming from the room next to me - Niall's room.

"Christ, Harry, it's seven in the morning, put the guitar away!" Niall shouts from the other side of the wall.

"Sorry," I yell back, and when I turn back to the computer screen (Y/N) is covering her mouth and I know she's trying to hide a laugh.

"Maybe you should play it for me later," she suggests but I shake my head.

"Don't worry about him, I'm sure he could sleep through a hurricane. He only wakes up if there's food or music."

(Y/N) laughs for real this time, and it's like music to my ears.

"I miss you," I say quietly.

"I miss you, too," she says with a faint smile. "So what does the rest of the song sound like?"

I reposition the guitar and begin to play where I left off.

All I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you

I want a love like you made me feel when we were eighteen

We took a chance

God knows we tried

Yet all along

I knew we'd be fine

So pour me a drink, oh love

Let's split the night wide open

And we'll see everything we can

Living love in slow motion, motion, motion

So kiss me where I lay down my hands pressed to your cheeks

A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were eighteen

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you

And I want a love like you made me feel when we were eighteen

Then there's another bang on the wall.

"Harry!" Niall shouts. "It's seven in the fucking morning, let me sleep!"

"Sorry," I say again, and I hope it sounds convincing enough, considering there's a wide grin plastered on my face.

"You're a horrible band mate," (Y/N) says, and I place my hand on my chest, feigning indignation.

"I am not!" I defend. "He does the same thing when he can't sleep, but you don't hear me complaining about it."

"Is that why you always call me so early in the morning?" (Y/N) asks and I nod.

She smiles, but doesn't say anything more, so I look back down to the guitar and begin playing again.

Kiss me where I lay down my hands pressed to your cheeks

A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were eighteen

Long before we both thought the same thing

To be loved and to be in love

And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you

And I want a love like you made me feel when we were eighteen

I want a love like you made me feel when we were eighteen

I look over at the wall, expecting Niall to pound on it and yell at me again, but there's only silence, so I look back at (Y/N).

"So, what'd you think?"

"It was beautiful." She smiles as she says it and I can't help but smile too.

(Y/N) suddenly lets out a yawn and I frown.

"Did I wake you up?"

"No," she says. "I haven't been sleeping much since you left."

"I'll be home soon," I say with a smile, hoping to get her to do the same. She does, but it's weak. "Go back to sleep. I'll be home before you know it."

"Okay," she says through another yawn. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I say before reluctantly shutting the laptop.

I set the guitar down next to me and fall back onto the bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot my phone. I grab it, hoping to find a new text from (Y/N). I smile when I see a new text notification, but it's not from (Y/N) - it's from Niall.

I read the text and I have to cover my mouth to silence the loud laugh that escapes from my throat.

From: Niall

> go the fuck to sleep !