Studying

My eyes skim over the pages, once then twice, trying to absorb every word. I close my eyes and let out a groan, collapsing my head against the textbook, willing the pain in my skull to subside long enough so I can finish.

"Babe, come to bed," Harry says from where he's lying on the bed.

"I will after I finish this chapter."

"You can finish the chapter in the morning, come to bed."

"I won't have time to read it in the morning."

Harry sighs. "How long will it take?"

"Maybe an hour, why?"

"Because it's cold and lonely over here without you."

"Go to sleep, Harry. Just because I'm sacrificing my sleep doesn't mean you have to."

"But I can't sleep when you're all the way over there," Harry whines, and if I wasn't in the middle of studying I would finding it endearing.

"We can cuddle all you want when I pass this stupid test."

I hear rustling over my shoulder but I don't turn around to find the source of the noise. A moment later I do turn around when I feel a presence behind me. I look up to find Harry standing behind me in nothing but a pair of Calvin Klein's and running the sleep from his eyes.

"You need to relax," Harry says, placing his hands on my shoulders and giving them a firm squeeze, releasing some of the tension. "You'll never finish if you're so tense."

My eyes instantly fall closed as Harry continues to massage my shoulders. My head falls back against his stomach, relaxing against his touch. I open my eyes and look up at Harry when his hands stop moving.

"Why'd you stop?"

"It looked like you were about to fall asleep."

"Well, yeah, I haven't slept in twenty-four hours."

"That's exactly why you should come to bed."

"I can't, I have to finish this stupid chapter."

Harry sighs. "Alright, how can I help?"

"You can help by going back to bed and letting me read this chapter."

"Babe, you and I both know that that is not going to happen." Harry pulls up a chair and sits next to me. "So how can I help?"

I look around the small desk, when my eyes land on a small pile of flash cards I made before my hand got tired. I hand the stack of cards to Harry and say, "Quiz me."

"Okay," Harry says, picking up the first card and reading off the question, which I quickly answer.

Harry reads off the next few cards, which I also answer correctly. Harry reads off another one when a yawn escapes past my lips.

"See, babe, you already know this stuff. Now come to bed. Please." Harry places the stack of cards back on the desk and looks at me with pleading eyes. I know he's right and that I do know the material well enough to call it a night, but there's still a part of me that wants to go over it all one more time. But then another yawn escapes my mouth and all I can do is nod.

Harry carries me to the bed and places me carefully onto the mattress. I let out a satisfied sigh as my head hits the pillow, sleep already threatening to overtake me.

Harry curls up beside me and wraps a tight arm around my waist, keeping me in place, like he's afraid I'll disappear in the middle of the night. I close my eyes and my body immediately feels lighter and it just feels good to finally sleep.

-

"Babe I passed!" I shout the second I'm through the door. "Harry, I passed my test!"

Harry comes bounding out of the bedroom, cheeks flushed and breathing heavy. "You did? That's great, babe!" he says before picking me up and twirling me around in a hug. He sets me down and gives me quick peck on the lips. "I knew you would."