Maybe We Found Love Right Where We Are

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Harry asks, turning off the television after watching our third movie in a row and turning to look at me with expectant eyes.

"I don't know. Where would we go?"

"Anywhere we want."

Before I can object, Harry is grabbing my hand and dragging me off the couch and in the direction of the front door. He tosses me my coat, I quickly put it on as he wraps a scarf around my neck before opening and closing the door behind us.

The sun has gone down, so it's relatively dark outside, except for the street lights illuminating the sidewalk. We walk hand in hand down the street with no particular destination in mind. No one else appears to be out this late, so it feels like we have the whole city to ourselves. We walk in silence, but it's not uncomfortable. It's almost relaxing in a way.

Harry tugs on my hand slightly, pulling me out of my daze and off to the left.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Over there." Harry points to a small park off in the distance. Normally, it's filled with parents and children, and people walking their pets, but there's no one else in sight, except for the two of us.

Harry picks me up bridal style, causing me to squeal, but it only makes him laugh as he walks us over to a bench and sets me down. I close my eyes for a moment, enjoying the silence of a city at sleep until a cool breeze begins to blow, causing me to shiver. Harry looks over at me before wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me close to his chest for warmth.

"This is nice," Harry says, and I feel the words vibrate against his chest.

"Yeah," I say, letting out a breath. "It is."

When I look back up to Harry, he's not looking down at me. I follow his gaze upward toward the sky. It's a clear night, so you can see thousands of stars peeking through the trees.

"Wow," I breathe.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

Harry returns his gaze to me, looking at me with a fond smile. He intertwines our fingers before leaning down to press a kiss to my lips. I move my free hand to his chest, over his heart, and I can feel the rapid beating under my palm.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?"

"Because of you," he whispers, placing another kiss to my lips. When he pulls away, he smiles, his dimples poking into his cheeks.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing," he says, looking away for a moment. "I was just thinking about our first kiss."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. It was one of the best moments of my life."

I smile at the memory. "Mine too."

Harry looks up toward the sky again. "And now here we are, sitting in the middle of a park in the middle of the night, alone. I wonder what we'd be doing right now if I hadn't spilled my coffee all over you a year ago." I let out a small laugh as I recall Harry tripping over his own feet in the coffee shop that morning, spilling his coffee down the front of my shirt. "Amazing how people can fall in love, isn't it?"

I nod, thinking about how crowded that coffee shop was. He could've spilled his coffee on anyone, but he spilled it on me, like it was part of a plan - like it was fate.

"But you know what?"

"What?"

"There's no one else I'd rather be here with than you." Harry looks back down at me with a warm smile before leaning in and meeting his lips with mine in a slow kiss. "I could do that forever, y'know?" he says, resting his forehead against mine.

"Really? Even when we're seventy?"

One corner of Harry's mouth turns up into a half smile. "Especially when we're seventy."