I Just Wanna Show You Off To All Of My Friends

"How many of you have girlfriends?" the interviewer asks, and Liam, Louis and Zayn all raise their hands while Niall and I keep our hands in our lap, and I try to keep the frown from showing on my face.

I really wish these interviewers would find another question to ask, because I'm really getting tired of lying about the same question over and over. I do have a girlfriend, and I want the whole world to know. I want everyone to know how happy I am, and how in love I am with her, but I also want to respect (Y/N)'s wishes, so I won't tell anyone about us without her permission.

I understand her hesitance about not wanting to tell anyone about us - since I'm famous and she's not - but I don't care about what other people think about our relationship. We love each other, and that should be all that matters.

"What about you, Harry? Fancy anyone?" the interviewer's voice cuts through my thoughts.

"Yes, actually. I do," I say with a small smile, thankful that I can actually answer something truthfully.

The interviewer raises an eyebrow at me, seemingly surprised by my response. "Who is it?" she prods.

I shrug. "You'll just have to wait to find out."

-

"Why didn't you just tell her you have a girlfriend? I mean, you don't have to say who it is, but you can at least say you're taken, right?" Liam asks once the interview is done and it's just the two of us left in the room.

"(Y/N) doesn't want anyone to know about us yet," I say quietly.

"But we know," Liam replies, not in an accusatory tone, but a curious one.

"That's different," I say, avoiding Liam's concerned eyes.

"Why doesn't she want anyone else to know about you two?"

I shrug. "She just doesn't want the fame that comes along with dating me."

Liam frowns.

"She's just a regular girl, but that's what I love about her. She loves me for me, and she doesn't let the fame cloud her judgment of me. She doesn't see me as this famous pop star, and I like that."

Liam places a hand on my shoulder. "She'll come around. If she loves you as much as I think she does, she won't care about what other people think about you two together."

I sigh. "I hope so."

-

"Hey babe," I call as I walk into the kitchen to find (Y/N) sitting at the table reading a book.

"Hey." She puts her book down and smiles at me as I give her a peck on the lips. "How'd the interview go?"

"Good, I guess," I say, trying to disguise the sadness in my voice. "All she did was ask us the same questions everyone else does."

"Oh," she says, looking away from me. "Did she ask about me?"

"They always do."

I grab (Y/N)'s hand and give her a small smile to try and ease her guilt, but it doesn't seem to work.

"I'm sorry," she says, just above a whisper.

"For what?"

"For making you keep us a secret."

"Hey," I say softly, placing a hand under her chin and tilting her head to look at me. "I don't care about that. I mean, it sucks that I can't tell the world about how amazing you are, but I love you, and if you don't want me to say anything, I won't."

I give her a small reassuring smile and she smiles back weakly.

"So, you don't want to tell anyone about me?" she asks, confused.

"Not if you don't want me to."

"Well..." She stops to take a breath. "I was thinking that maybe... you could."

"I could what?"

"Tell people about us," she responds softly before meeting her eyes with mine.

"Are you sure? Because I - I mean, we-" I start to say, but she stops me by placing a finger to my lips.

"I'm sure," she says with a smile.

"Okay," I mumble and she removes her finger from my mouth. "But if I'm going to reveal you to the world, we're gonna do it the right way."

"The right way?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

I pull out my phone and scroll through my apps before finding and opening Instagram. (Y/N) gives me a questioning look, but I nod. I lean in close to her, making sure we're both in the frame before kissing her on the cheek and snapping the photo. I add a filter to it and post it with the caption, "Girlfriendstagram .xx"