That'll Be Us One Day

Harry holds my hand tightly as we watch Jay walk down the aisle, a smile peeking through her veil as she looks at her husband-to-be. Harry looks at me with a big smile, dimples forming in his cheeks.

"What?" I mouth to him and he shakes his head as if to say nothing.

Harry's gaze turns to the priest who has started to speak. I keep my face pointed forward, but my eyes peek over at Harry, wondering what's going through his mind. He looks happy, but I can't help but wonder if he's thinking about us, if he's thinking about us on that altar instead.

I wonder if he thinks about it as much as I do.

Harry and I have been dating for a few years now, and I like to think that I'm a patient person, but we've gone to a few weddings lately, and after each one, I've secretly been hoping that the next one will be ours.

I grip his hand tighter and look up at him again to hint at him that this is what I want for us.

I mean, I love Harry no matter what, but it would he nice to make it official, in front of all our friends and family and with a ring that symbolizes Harry's love for me.

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest says and my eyes return to the altar, and Harry releases my hand so he can clap for the newlyweds.

"Weddings are always nice, huh?" I say, the both of us standing up to head to the reception area.

"Yes they are," Harry says with a smile and takes my hand.

-

We walk into a large tent filled with tables and I'm overwhelmed by a wave of white. Everything is white: the tent, the tablecloths, the chairs, the flowers, everything.

Harry leads me to a table where he sits me down and says, "I'll go get us something to drink" before walking over to a long table full of food and drinks. He brings back two glasses of champagne, hands one to me and I take a drink, the bubbles sending a tingle down to the end of my nose.

Harry sets his glass down and extends his hand out towards me. "May I have this dance?"

I set my glass down and smile at him while gently placing my hand on his. He leads me to the dance floor where I wrap my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my hips.

We remain like this, moving in slow circles, gently swaying to the soft music that's playing in the background.

"Lets go outside," Harry says after a long silence.

"Okay," I say, but Harry's already leading me outside. He leads us to a bench, where we sit down, Harry never letting go of my hand. I look at Harry, who's eyes remained fixed on our entwined fingers.

"It's nice out here," I say, waiting for Harry to say something.

"It is, but that's not why I brought you out here." He pauses. "I love you (Y/N), more and more everyday. I love waking up and seeing you smiling at me, and I love that your the last person I think about before I go to sleep, and I know that I don't want that to ever change." Harry pauses again and my heart rate begins to quicken.

Harry reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small velvet box and I let out a gasp. Harry gets down on one knee and opens the box to reveal a shiny diamond ring and I have to cover my gaping mouth because wow, it's beautiful.

"(Y/N), my love for you only grows stronger with each passing day, and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I'm so in shock that I don't realize I've started crying. My throat suddenly becomes dry and I'm unable to speak so all I can do is nod before I finally choke out a quiet "Yes."

Harry smiles so big, his dimples look like craters in his cheeks, as he slides the ring onto my shaking finger. I grab his face and I kiss him so hard that we both topple over into the grass and we both start giggling into the kiss.

When the laughing subsides, Harry looks at me with nothing but love in his eyes. "I love you Mrs. Styles."

"I love you too, Mr. Styles."