Christmas

I'm woken up to a cold sensation spreading throughout my body and I shiver. The only thing keeping me warm is Harry's arm wrapped around me, holding me close to his body. I nuzzle in closer to him in search of warmth because, honestly, the thermostat is too far away and I'm too lazy to get up.

I glance up at Harry, and I'm surprised to find him staring back at me.

"Cold?" he asks, the raspiness missing from his voice, telling me that he's been awake for a while.

I nod. "How long have you been awake?" I mumble against his chest.

"Not long," he says. "I'll go turn the heat up. I'll be right back."

A soft whine escapes my throat as my only source of warmth gets up from the couch. I scoot over to where Harry was sitting, trying to absorb any residual heat.

I hear a silent click echo throughout the apartment, signalling the heat being turned on. Harry returns minutes later with a blanket, a mug with steam billowing from the top, and a long, slender box wrapped in festive paper.

"Here," Harry says, handing me the mug, and by the scent, I can tell it's hot chocolate. I take a small sip and immediately set the mug down on the coffee table, not wanting to further burn my tongue on the hot beverage. Harry wraps the blanket around my shoulders and sits next to me.

"Merry Christmas babe," Harry says, wrapping his arms around me like he had before and handing me the box.

"I thought you said you weren't going to get me anything."

"I lied. Now open it."

I bring the box up to my ear and shake it lightly. There's a slight rattle inside the box, but not enough to determine what the object is that's in the box. I look at Harry and he motions for me to open it, so I do. I rip the paper from the box and it reveals a velvet box. I open the box slowly, and my mouth falls open at the sight of light reflecting off of a gold chain necklace with a small heart-shaped locket hanging from it.

I remove the necklace from it's box and carefully open the locket to find two pictures inside - both of Harry and I. I look at Harry, warm tears forming at the corners of my eyes.

"Do you like it?" he asks, pulling his bottom lip in between his teeth.

Words escape me, so all I can do is nod. I lean forward and wrap arms around Harry's neck before placing a long, sweet kiss to his lips to show how much I love his gift - and him.

"I love it," I whisper against his lips.

"Let me put it on," Harry says, grabbing the necklace from my hand. I move my hair over one shoulder as Harry brings the necklace around my neck and placing a lingering kiss on my bare shoulder. I turn my head to the side and he places another kiss to my cheek.

Harry brings the heart between his fingers and begins to twirl is in his hand. "Do you know what the heart represents?"

"What?"

"My heart. You have my heart, and you always will."