My Best Friend's Sister

(Your P.O.V.)

I check the clock on my phone five times within the span of two minutes, making sure I have the time right. Niall should be getting off his flight any minute now, and I'm anxious to see him, but I can't help the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach at the thought of seeing a certain someone else.

I know I shouldn't be attracted to any of my brother's bandmates, seeing as it's a conflict of interest, but I can't deny that Harry and I have gotten close over the last few months and I really enjoy spending time with him.

With each passing second, I don't know if I'm growing more nervous or excited at the thought of seeing Niall and Harry again.

(Harry's P.O.V.)

After an eight hour flight, the plane finally lands and I want nothing more than to get off this damn airplane. I couldn't fall asleep, so I spent eight hours wide awake with nothing but my boredom and my thoughts - thoughts of home, family, and (Y/N).

I don't know how Niall would react if he ever found out that I like his sister, but I know that he'd be a brother first and my friend second. He's always been protective of (Y/N), and I know he'd be even more protective of her if he found out about my feelings for her.

I didn't mean to develop feelings for my best friend's sister, but I found myself stealing glances at her whenever she smiled or laughed, and those visions slowly made their way into my dreams - and I don't ever want to wake up.

(Your P.O.V.)

A small crowd of people begin to file through the gate, and I begin searching the faces for Niall and Harry. It doesn't take long until I hear Niall's familiar laugh echo through the walkway and into the hushed waiting area.

I move closer to the door, my heart beating fast in my chest at the thought of seeing my brother again after five months.

"(Y/N)!" Niall says, pulling me into a tight hug once he spots me. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," I reply, holding him tight.

"How have you been?" he asks, pulling away from the embrace and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Goo-" I start to say, but the word gets caught in my throat at the sight of a tall boy standing next to Niall. His green eyes lock with mine as he flashes a warm smile my way. "Good. I've been good. What about you? How was tour?"

Niall starts rambling about all the places the boys stopped on tour - which cities had the best food, which cities had the loudest crowds - but his voice seems to be drown out by the feeling of green eyes watching me.

(Harry's P.O.V.)

It was bittersweet to see (Y/N) again. I was happy to see her smiling face again, but it only reminded me how I'm falling for a girl that I shouldn't be. But like a moth to a flame, I'll always be drawn to her.

I can't help but watch as she listens intently to Niall as he recaps everything that happened while he was away. She can probably feel me staring at her, but there's a part of me that wants to be the one to tell her about everything that happened and how it might have been a little better if she was there.

(Your P.O.V.)

"I'm gonna go get somethin' to eat," Niall announces before disappearing and leaving me standing alone with Harry.

A silence hangs over us, neither of us daring to look at the other.

"I missed you," Harry says so quietly, I have to turn to look at him. His eyes are looking at his feet, but move to look at me and the air around us seems to change.

The noise of everyone else seems to slowly fade away, and a smile tugs at the corners of Harry's mouth.

"I missed you, too."

"Really?" Harry asks, his eyes lighting up even more.

"Yeah. Well, not at first, because no one was stealing my bananas and I didn't have to hear any of your jokes," I say with a laugh and Harry smiles. "But then I realized that I actually missed it. And you."

"You know, I did some thinking while we were on tour," Harry says, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"About what?"

Harry shifts his weight again before taking a step toward me. He's mere inches away from me now, I can practically feel the heat radiating off his body, making beads of sweat form at the back of my neck.

"About this," he says softly, and before I realize what he's talking about, he hooks a finger under my chin and presses his lips against mine. His lips are warm against mine and I can't help but melt into him, thinking that this was even better than I had imagined.

"I've thought about that, too," I say once he pulls away, looking up at him to see a warm smile cross his face - the one that's been etched into my brain since the day he left.

A second later we hear someone clearing their throat next to us. We turn out heads to find Niall staring at the both of us, all emotion absent from his face.

"Ni-"

"Finally!" Niall exclaims, a wide grin breaking his stoic expression.

"W-What?" I ask, Harry and I both looking at Niall with the same look of confusion and humiliation on our faces.

"Oh, please. Did you two think I haven't noticed how much you hang out together, or how you tune out everything I say when it's just the three of us, or the way you two looked at each other when we got off the plane? I'm not an idiot."

"I guess not." Harry laughs dryly, rubbing the back of his neck. "But if you knew, why didn't you say anything?"

Niall shrugs. "I knew this would happen eventually. But-" Niall pauses to turn and point a finger at Harry. "-if you break my sister's heart, I'm kicking you out of the band."