Once In A Lifetime, It's Just Right

"Would you just let me do it?" Liam asks impatiently, slapping my hands away when I try to assist him with tying the tie around my neck. Eventually, I give up and just stare at myself in the mirror in my suit while Liam makes a few more loops with the tie and tightens it around my neck. "There. You look very sharp."

"Thanks," I say softly, admiring my suit in the mirror.

"I can't believe you're getting married before Zayn," Liam says, and I chuckle lightly.

"Well, I didn't want to wait."

"If Sophia looked as beautiful as (Y/N) does in her dress, I wouldn't want to wait either." Liam smiles genuinely and claps a hand on my shoulder. "You're one lucky guy, Harry."

"Thanks," I say with a smile, looking down at my feet.

I glance in the mirror one last time while Liam fixes his tie for the hundredth time today.

"Time to go lads," Zayn calls, barging through the door.

"Are you ready?" Liam asks, eyeing me and I smile so big, my cheeks hurt.

"More than I'll ever be."

Zayn turns to walk back out the door and we both follow him down a narrow hallway that leads to the back of the church. We turn down another short hallway and walk up three steps and onto the altar.

I look over at my family and then (Y/N)'s, thinking how within the next hour we'll all be one big family. Then I glance over at the boys who are all smiling at me, and I can't help the smile that grows on my face. Aside from the band being put together all those years ago, this is the happiest day of my life.

Suddenly, a hushed silence falls over the room as the organ player begins to play that familiar tune. I stand up a little straighter, my hands crossed in front of me as I keep my eyes trained on the end of the aisle as (Y/N) steps into view.

Just like every time I see her, I'm left speechless. Liam was right, she is beautiful. She's always beautiful, but there's something different about her today. She seems... happier, almost like it's radiating off of her. I wonder if she can tell that I'm feeling the exact same way.

The music continues as (Y/N) begins to walk down the aisle. I smile at her even though I can't see her face through the veil, but I know she's smiling back at me.

(Y/N) makes her way down the aisle and stands next to me on the altar. I turn to face her as the priest begins to say, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..." But I don't hear much after that because I'm too distracted by (Y/N) standing in front of me. Through the veil, I can see (Y/N)'s bright eyes staring back at me, and the smile on my face grows even more.

"Do you, Harry Styles, take (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N) to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest asks me.

"I do." I smile at (Y/N) as I take the ring from Niall and slide it onto her finger.

"And do you, (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N) take Harry Styles to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." A faint smile peeks through her veil as she slides the ring onto my finger.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I bring my shaking hands to the bottom of her veil and lift it over her head to finally reveal her face. Her eyes are slightly red, and tears are threatening to spill, but she's smiling nonetheless. The sight warms my heart, and for a moment, it feels like it's only the two of us in the room, staring into each other's eyes.

I place both of my hands on (Y/N)'s cheeks and pull her face toward mine, meeting our lips in our first kiss as husband and wife.

-

Quiet chatter fills the reception tent, until a steady clink clink clink can be heard. Everyone's eyes turn to Liam who is tapping a knife against his champagne glass.

"I guess it's time for the obligatory toast," Liam starts, and pauses to clear his throat. "Well, I think we all knew that Harry would be the first to get married, and I think I can speak for everyone in this room - well, tent - when I say that we are so happy that you two found each other. You guys have proved that true love really does exist and we wish you both nothing but happiness. Congratulations Harry and (Y/N), may you live happily ever after."

Liam raises his glass and everyone else does the same as they all say in unison, "To Harry and (Y/N)."

I glance over at (Y/N) and grab her hand that's resting on the table and give her a loving smile. I pick up my glass and she does the same.

"To you, Mrs. Styles."

"And to you, Mr. Styles."