Think About All The Places We Could Go

"Let's go somewhere," Harry says after a long silence.

Harry and I have been staring at the television for the last two hours, flipping through the same hundred channels, but neither of us really wanted to watch TV anyway. The sun was bright in the sky and neither of us wanted to spend the day inside.

"Where?"

"Anywhere. Let's get in the car and drive until we find someplace."

I have to stifle a laugh. "That sounds like something out of a cheesy romantic comedy."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "You got a better idea?"

I stare at him and I eventually shake my head. Harry's smile widens as he picks me up bridal style and carries me out to the car and sets me in the passenger seat. He jogs around to the driver's side, opens the door and starts the car. I rest my arm on the edge of the door and look at Harry, wondering why I agreed to this in the first place. Harry backs out of the driveway and pulls onto the street. I don't know where he's going, but he doesn't know either.

We drive in silence. The only sound that can be heard is the sound of the radio playing some song by a band I don't recognize. I don't realize that my foot is tapping along to the beat until Harry places one of his hands on my knee. My breath hitches slightly and it shouldn't because Harry does that all the time, but whenever his fingers make contact with my skin it feels electric.

Harry keeps his hand there while he grips the steering wheel with the other. His thumb begins rubbing small circles into the side of my knee and I can feel the goosebumps running down my legs and up my back. I place my hand on Harry's and he takes my hand in his and rubs the back of it with his thumb before bringing it to his mouth and kissing it. I roll my eyes before smiling because he always has to act like such a gentleman.

I look past Harry's head and see the beach coming into view.

"We should go there." I point out the window with the hand that Harry's still holding on to.

"I didn't bring my trunks."

"If we stay late enough, we won't need them," I wink at him and he smirks back at me.

Harry makes a left and parks near the sand where the road meets the beach. Harry turns the engine off and we both get out. I take off my shoes and bury my toes in the soft sand. I tilt my head up to the sky and feel the warm sunshine hit my face. I close my eyes and take a deep breath when I feel someone watching me.

I open my eyes again and turn my head to see Harry leaning against the hood of the car, one leg crossed over the other with his arms crossed over his chest, looking at me with a smile.

"What?"

His head looks at his feet and then back up, like he has something to say. "Nothing."

I walk over to him and take his hand. "Come on."

We walk down the beach, hand in hand, the only sound between us is the crashing of waves hitting the shore. We walk down towards the water, close enough where the crashing waves roll up and hit our feet.

"We should do this more often," Harry says, breaking the silence between us.

"What? Leave the house or go to the beach?"

"Doesn't matter as long as I'm with you." He smiles at me and I shove him playfully because he always has to ruin the moment by saying something cheesy. He chuckles and then he says, "It's true though."

I give him a small smile and then I look out at the ocean which is reflecting the pink and orange in the sky from the setting sun. Harry follows my gaze and looks out onto the horizon.

"Sure is beautiful," he says quietly. "But do you know what's more beautiful?"

"What?"

"You," Harry says with a grin and I roll my eyes and shove him into the water. He lands on his butt, only soaking his lower half, but then a wave comes up behind him and soaks the rest of him. The water drenches his hair and I start laughing because he looks like baby Tarzan.

"What are you laughing at?" Harry grabs my hands and pulls me into the water with him and he laughs. I splash water at him to get him to stop, but it only makes him laugh more. He splashes water back at me and I have to turn my head away, but when I turn back Harry's running away.

I stand up and start running after him and when I catch up to him, I jump on his back. It catches Harry by surprise, so he loses his footing and we both topple over into the water.

"What was that for?" Harry asks when he stands up again and extends his hand out toward me to help me up.

"I wasn't going to let you run away from me."

"I would never run away from you," Harry smiles and places his hands on my hips and pulls me closer. I look up at him and he looks at me and it feels like we're the only two people on the beach. "I love you (Y/N)." Then Harry's kissing me and it's like the whole world has melted away and the only thing that matters is Harry's lips on mine.

Harry finally pulls away and whispers in my ear, "Maybe we should go home." He smirks at me before taking my hand again and leading me back to the car.