First Christmas

I wake up to a faint, muffled cry coming from the baby monitor. I get up to check on Ally when a hand grabs my arm, stopping me before I can fully rise from the bed.

"Don't worry babe, I'll go check on her," Harry says, his voice still rough from sleep.

I lay back down and close my eyes as Harry walks out of the room and down the hall. Not even a minute later, I hear him pad back into our room.

"Is she alright?" I ask, not bothering to open my eyes.

"She is now."

Before I can ask what Harry means by that, I feel something weighing down my stomach. I open my eyes to find a smiling baby looking down at me, a tiny Santa hat atop her head. I glance up at Harry to find him wearing a matching hat.

"Merry Christmas, mommy," Harry says, and Ally makes a noise in agreement. She tries to wriggle out of Harry's grasp, so he lets her go and she crawls up my chest and places her hands on my cheeks.

"Merry Christmas, Ally," I say before leaning my head up to kiss her nose, making her giggle.

"What about me? Don't I get a kiss?" Harry asks with a small frown.

"I don't know, I think you've been pretty naughty this year."

"Maybe. But you still have to."

"Why's that?"

Harry points up to the ceiling and I look up to see mistletoe hanging from the top of the room.

"I wonder how that got there," I say sarcastically, looking at Harry who just shrugs with a smirk.

I lift Ally off of my chest and move her to my lap so I can sit up. Harry moves closer and I place a quick peck to his lips. Harry leans in again, but before our lips can connect, Ally crawls between us, trying to climb onto Harry.

"Hi, love," Harry says, picking her up into his arms. "Shall we go get mommy her present?" Harry looks down at Ally, but all she does is grab one of Harry's necklaces and places it into her mouth. "I'll take that as a yes."

Harry disappears out of the room with Ally resting on his hip. When he walks back into the room, Ally adorns a bright red bow on her head. Harry sets her down on the bed in front of me.

"Merry Christmas, babe," he says with a smile. I give him a look and he just laughs. "I'm just kidding, babe," he says, kissing the top of Ally's head. "Even though Ally is the greatest gift both of us have ever received, I did get you something else."

Harry points to something shiny hanging around Ally's neck. I pick her up and move her to my lap to get a closer look - it's a necklace. I pick up the pendant between my fingers to inspect it and I see that it's a mother cradling a small child.

"It's you and Ally," Harry says softly, sitting down on the bed next to us. "I also have the matching one."

My eyes move from Harry's face down to his exposed chest, looking at his necklaces, counting each one, but I don't see a new one - that is, until Harry shifts his weight onto one of his hands and the rest of his necklaces move.

It is a necklace, but now an actual one - it's a tattoo of a necklace.

I reach over to move his other necklaces out of the way and find that on the center of his chest is the image of a father cradling a small child. I trace the image absentmindedly and Harry looks down at the ink on his chest before looking back up to me and Ally and smiling warmly at the both of us.

"Do you like it?" he asks.

"I love it."

"And I love you," Harry says, placing a hand on my knee and leaning in to meet his mouth with mine. "Both of you," he adds before tickling Ally's stomach, causing her to erupt into a fit of giggles.

The sound is infectious and I just sit back and watch the two of them interact. My heart flutters at the sight of Ally's face lighting up as Harry pulls a face and it only causes Harry to smile even bigger, his dimples out in full force. I didn't even need the necklace, because the two of them are the only thing I'll ever need.