I'll Be Home For Christmas

(Your P.O.V.)

"Hey babe," Harry's voice rings out from the other end of the phone.

"Merry Christmas!" I say with a smile, even though he can't see it. "I can't wait to tell you that in person."

"Um." Harry says it so quietly I almost don't hear it, but then he continues. "My flight has been delayed due to snow. But don't worry, I already bought a ticket for the next available flight and I'll still be able to see you before midnight."

"Oh," is all I can think of to say. "When does the flight leave?"

"In an hour," Harry says, and I can hear him sigh.

"Alright, well, hurry home. I love you."

"I love you, too," Harry says and ends the call.

I sigh as the line goes dead and I fall back on the couch. I look over at the tree and the presents stacked beneath it, hoping Harry gets here soon so he can open them while it's still Christmas.

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I sit, staring at my phone, watching the time pass agonizingly slow, my leg bouncing with anticipation. I watch each minute pass, wanting nothing more than to be sitting with (Y/N) instead of in this airport, waiting to board the plane.

We've spent every Christmas together since we started dating and I'm determined to not let one snowstorm get in the way of that. I will be with (Y/N) for Christmas - I have to be.

"We will now begin boarding," an attendant says over the loudspeaker and I breathe a sigh of relief.

I quickly gather my belongings and stand in line to board the plane. I'm on my way (Y/N), I think to myself while trying to hide the smile that's tugging at the corners of my mouth.

(Your P.O.V.)

I slump down on the couch after flipping through what feels like the hundredth Christmas movie on television. Normally, I would watch one or all of them, but they're all filled with romance and they only remind me of Harry and how I could possibly end up alone on Christmas.

I check my phone again, hoping enough time has passed that I won't have to wait for Harry much longer, but there's still an hour left before Harry's plane even lands.

I turn the TV off with a sigh and lay down on the couch and close my eyes, hoping that Harry will be here when I wake up.

(Harry's P.O.V.)

The plane finally lands and I can't seem to get off of it fast enough. I run through the airport towards the front and into the awaiting car that will take me home and to (Y/N).

Unfortunately, the car doesn't move much faster than the plane. The car inches forward little by little and I groan at the thought of not making it to (Y/N) before midnight.

The cars in front of us finally seem to speed up, but it still doesn't seem fast enough as I check the time on my phone for the millionth time today. I close my eyes and pray that I make it home in time.

(Your P.O.V.)

"Babe," I hear a voice say into my ear. I roll over on the couch without opening my eyes because I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming. "Babe, wake up," the voice says again, but it sounds different - it sounds like Harry.

I open one eye and look up and see a blur of brown hair. I turn my head to get a better look, and when I look up, I see Harry's green eyes staring down at me. My vision refocuses as I sit up and I see that it really is Harry standing in front of me. My brain can form any words as Harry reaches out to touch a hand to my cheek.

"Harry-"

"Merry Christmas, babe," he says quietly before leaning forward and giving me a long, slow kiss.

"What time is it?"

"Eleven forty-two."

My eyes widen as I rise from the couch, but an arm reaches out to stop me before I can make it to the tree.

"Where are you going?"

"The presents-"

"We can open those later. I just want to spend time with you." Harry moves around the couch to sit down, holding his arms out for me to join him. I sit down next to him as he pulls me close to his body and places a kiss to the top of my head. "I told you I'd be home for Christmas."