Baby, It's Cold Outside

"Where are you going?" Harry asks as I put on my jacket and wrap a scarf around my neck. "It's freezing outside."

"I told my mom I would visit her for Christmas and I don't want to disappoint her."

"There's like two feet of snow out there, not to mention it looks like a fucking blizzard," Harry says, pointing out the window. "I think she'll understand why you can't make it."

Harry rises from the couch as I put on my gloves. I turn to face the door, but Harry moves in front of the handle before I can grab it.

"Harry-"

"You can visit your mom anytime, but I am not letting you go out there."

"But-"

"No. I can't let you go out there and catch pneumonia."

I open my mouth to respond, but before any words come out, Harry places his hands on my shoulders and turns me around. I'm surprised I even let him, but deep down, part of me knows it's not the best idea to go anywhere in this weather. But another part of me really wants to see my mother, but even I have to admit that Harry is right - I can visit her anytime and I should stay inside for now.

Harry guides me to the couch and I reluctantly sit down. He stands behind me and when I turn around he removes the beanie from my head (it may or may not have been one of his that I "borrowed"). He unwraps the scarf from my neck and helps me take off my jacket before setting them aside and walking into the kitchen.

I take off my boots and curl up on the couch when he reappears a minute later holding two mugs and hands one to me. I look down in the cup and see marshmallows floating at the top of the cup as the smell of chocolate fills my nose.

Harry pulls the blanket off the back of the couch and sits down next to me, wrapping the blanket around the both of us. I instinctively lay my head on his chest and take a small sip of the hot chocolate. A comfortable silence falls between us, the only sound that can be heard is the crackling of wood coming from the fireplace.

I take another sip of the hot chocolate before turning my head to look up at Harry and he looks back at me, smiling. My tongue darts out to lick away some of the excess chocolate from my lips. Harry's eyes glance down at my mouth before moving back up to my eyes. He leans down and places slow, sweet kiss to my lips.

"What was that for?" I ask when he finally pulls back.

Harry smiles and shrugs with the one shoulder that I'm not laying on. "Just felt like it." He places a kiss to my temple. "And I'm glad you stayed."