You're Just A Small Bump Unborn

I wake up to a pressure in my abdomen; seven pounds weighing heavily on my bladder.

I have to fight to keep my eyes open, due to the overwhelming sunlight that's pouring into the room. I sit up in the bed, the sudden movement causing something to rustle next to me. I look over to see Harry nuzzling into his pillow, still asleep. I instinctively reach out to gently run a hand through his hair before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

"You okay, babe?" Harry calls from the bedroom as I'm drying my hands on a towel.

"Other than the fact that I have to pee every hour, yeah I'm great."

"Only two more weeks," Harry says when I join him back on the bed and I subconsciously place a hand over my belly.

Harry stretches his arm to put his hand over mine. "I can't wait to meet her. I bet she's going to be as lovely as her mother."

"I hope you remember that when she wakes you up in the middle of the night crying."

"Me? What about about you?"

"I'll be sleeping."

"Why do you get to sleep and I don't?"

"Because I gave birth to her."

Harry pauses, searching for a comeback. "Yeah, well... I helped." He frowns. "It takes two to make a baby."

"True, but only one of us has a human inside of them."

"You weren't complaining about that nine months ago," Harry says under his breath but I still hear it and shove him playfully.

Harry sits up again, propped up on his elbow, and leans in to kiss the side of my stomach. Just then, I feel a soft thump under my belly button.

I grab Harry's hand and place it over the center of my stomach. "She's kicking," I whisper and cover Harry's hand with my own and watch as his face lights up in amazement.

"Do you know what that means?" I ask, and Harry looks up at me curiously. "She wants breakfast."

"Is that so?" Harry asks, raising an eyebrow and I nod innocently.

Harry gets up and pads into the kitchen where I can hear cupboards opening and closing and the clanging of pots and pans. I shake my head at all the noise he's making and reach for the remote on the bedside table and turn on the television.

I flip through the channels and stop when I recognize a familiar movie.

"Harry!" I call into the kitchen and I hear him running down the hallway and bursting into the bedroom, hand gripped firmly around a spatula, chest heaving and looking frantic.

"Is it happening? Are you having the baby?" Harry asks, out of breath.

I laugh. "No, look," I say, pointing the remote at the television. "It's Love Actually."

Harry lets out a breath and runs a hand through his hair. "You scared me, babe. I thought you were going into labor."

I frown slightly. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright. We can watch it after I finish breakfast," Harry says with a smile and disappears back into the kitchen.

Minutes later Harry reappears in the bedroom with two plates. He hands me one and I look at it to find a large pancake in the shape of a heart. I look up at Harry and he smiles, dimples forming in his cheeks.

"It was made with love," he says and I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Thank you," I say and kiss him on the cheek when he sits down on the bed next to me.

I cut off a piece of the pancake with my fork and place it into my mouth. I savor the taste, impressed by Harry's cooking skills.

"It's good," I say and Harry smiles with a mouth full of food.

We eat our breakfast in silence, watching Love Actually, and it all feels like a cheesy Valentine's Day really, but it's nice.

Harry takes my empty plate and sets it on the bedside table next to him. I sink down on the bed, wincing slightly at the pain in my lower back.

"Are you alright, love?" Harry asks, looking at me concerned.

"Yeah, my back just hurts."

"Come here," Harry says and motions for me to move closer and I do.

Harry's fingers reach under my shirt and press into the skin at the bottom of my spine. I close my eyes as he kneads the flesh, relieving some of the ache.

Harry's hands move up my back to my neck where he gently squeezes the flesh where my shoulders meet my neck, causing my head to fall back and my mouth to hang open.

"Oh, Harry," I breathe.

"I believe that's also what you said nine months ago," Harry says into my ear and I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. I open my eyes and turn my head to glare at him, but it only makes him laugh. "Relax babe, I'm kidding."

-

I wake up from my impromptu nap after Harry's massage made me feel oddly tired. Even more odd, I have a strong craving for chocolate.

I make my way into the kitchen to find Harry lounging on the couch and watching TV in the living room. I begin opening every cupboard in the kitchen in search of any trace of chocolate, but I come up empty.

"Looking for something?" I jump at the sound of Harry's voice behind me.

"Do we have any chocolate?"

"Hmm, I don't think so... but I could run to the store to get you some."

"You don't have-"

"Babe," Harry says, cutting me off mid-sentence. "It's the least I could do."

I smile softly and give Harry a quick kiss to his lips. "You're the best."

"I know," Harry says with a smirk before grabbing his coat and keys off the dining room table and giving me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

I hear the front door open and close and move over to the couch to continue watching whatever show Harry had on the screen.

Ten minutes later and I hear the front door open again. Harry reemerges in the living room with a plastic bag, which he hands to me.

"I didn't know what you wanted, so I got you a little bit of everything."

I look at Harry warily, but my eyes widen in surprise when I look in the bag to find an ample assortment of candy bars. My mouth drops open and I can see Harry smiling out of the corner of my eye.

"I love you," I say, and I'm not completely sure if I'm saying it to Harry or the chocolate.

"I love you, too," Harry says and reaches for the bag. "So can I have a Snickers?"

I move the bag out of his reach and send a threatening glare his way. "Not if you want to lose an arm."

"But I bought it," Harry says with a frown.

"Yes, but I'm carrying our child."

Harry's frown seems to soften and he nods before placing his hand over my stomach and kissing my temple. "And I love you even more because of it."