I'll Be Coming Back For You

"Please?" my best friend pleads across the island in my kitchen. "You have to hear them play, they're amazing."

"Why can't I just listen to them on youtube?"

"Because that's not the same. You have to hear them live, it adds to the experience."

I let out a deep sigh at her unrelenting pestering. I know she's not going to give up until I agree to this, so I'll go, even though I had planned on calling Harry that night, but because of the time difference I think he'll be asleep anyway.

"Alright, I'll go."

(Y/F/N) squeals in delight and gets up from her seat to pull me into a tight hug. "You won't regret it, I promise."

-

We walk into the dimly lit bar and find a booth to sit in to wait for this band that (Y/F/N) swears is amazing. A waitress comes over to take our drink order.

"Water," I tell her, because I'm not in the mood to drink, unlike (Y/F/N) who orders some fruity cocktail.

"So what time does this band start?" I ask impatiently. The sooner this night's over, the better.

"Well, the truth is..." she starts, looking down at her fidgeting hands resting on the table. "There is no band. I only said that to get you here."

"What? Why?"

"Before you get mad, it was for a good reason."

I exhale sharply through my nose. "What was it?"

She glances up at me for a second, but keeps her focus on the table, obviously avoiding my harrowing glare. "I can't tell you yet, but you'll find out."

"Well, I don't really feel like sticking around for whatever surprise you have planned, so I'm leaving."

"(Y/N), wait," she calls but I'm already halfway to the door.

"Please don't go," a familiar voice says, stopping me dead in my tracks.

It sounds just like... but it can't be.

I slowly turn around to meet a pair of enchanting green eyes and I know it is.

"Harry?" I say, but it comes out as more of a question, still unable to fully trust what my eyes are seeing.

"Yeah," he says with a nervous smile, a dimple appearing in his cheek.

"But- Why- What are-"

"We had to cancel the last two shows and I wanted to surprise you. I had (Y/F/N) help me, so I hope you're not mad at her."

Honestly, that's the last thing I care about right now because Harry's standing right in front of me.

I close the distance between us and throw my arms around his neck. It's so sudden that it catches him slightly by surprise and he almost falls backwards. But he doesn't, and he wraps his arms tightly around my waist, the familiarity of it almost makes me want to cry.

"I missed you," he says into my hair.

"I missed you more," I say against his chest, inhaling his familiar scent.

"Do you think (Y/F/N) will mind if we ditch her?" Harry whispers and I shake my head.

He grabs my hand and leads me to the door. I wave over at a very confused (Y/F/N) but she waves back anyway, taking a sip of her drink.

-

Harry fumbles with the key, trying to steady his shaking hand to fit the key in the lock. He finally manages the door open and we both step inside the dark apartment.

Harry sets his key on the table next to the door and steps toward me to capture me in a heated kiss - full of nothing but love and longing.

"I missed you so much," Harry breathes, his hot, ragged breath fanning across my face.

"You already said that."

"Only because it's true," he says before connecting our lips again and shrugging off his jacket in the process.

He places his hand on my cheek as my hands wrap around his back, neither of us wanting to lose contact with the other.

I've dreamt about this every night since he left and I could only imagine that he felt the same way. Being apart from each other is never easy, but in the end it's always worth it because when we're finally reunited, it makes it even more special.

"Let's go make up for lost time," Harry says lowly, grabbing my hand and leading me into the bedroom.