You Are My One And Only

"Niall, can I talk to you for a second?" I ask, pulling Niall by the arm into an empty dressing room backstage.

"Sure, mate. What's up?"

"I want to do something special during the show tonight."

"Like what?"

"I want to pr-" I start, but I'm cut off when Zayn walks into the room.

Zayn peeks his head into the room, looking between me and Niall as we go silent under his presence. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No, come in," I say. "Are Liam and Louis with you?"

"No, but I can go get them if you want," Zayn offers, and I nod.

Zayn disappears from the room again and reappears a minute later with Liam and Louis in tow.

"What's with the band meeting?" Louis asks.

I take a deep breath before answering. "I want to propose to (Y/N) tonight."

The boys all look at me suddenly, smiles on their faces.

"That's great, Harry!" Niall exclaims, clapping a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks," I say, smiling back. "I was thinking about doing it before You And I, would that be alright?"

"Of course," Liam says, and the boys nod in agreement. "And congrats."

"For what? She hasn't said yes yet."

"She will," Zayn says softly and I smile.

-

The boys and I are standing behind the door that leads to the stage, and for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling nervous. There's always a small sense of nervousness before any show, but it only seems to be intensified anytime (Y/N) is in the audience.

But I've never felt nerves like this before.

My heart rate quickens and I can feel my pulse in my ears; it almost drowns out the loud screams coming from the stadium. My hands are becoming sweaty, and I have to grip the microphone tighter to keep it from slipping from my hand. I glance over at the boys to give them a small nod, and they nod in return as the wall begins to rise and the screams become louder.

I take a quick breath before raising the microphone to my mouth and belting, "Straight off the plane to a new hotel. Just touched down, you could never tell..."

As Louis begins to sing, I look out toward the crowd and my eyes immediately land on (Y/N) standing in the front row, looking up at me with warm smile and it makes my heart leap in my chest.

I spend the next few songs trying to calm down my nerves, but it's much more difficult that I thought it would be because I can feel the ring pressed against my thigh in the pocket of these tight jeans. I steal a few glances at (Y/N) to find her still smiling at me. I brush my hand over the pocket of my jeans, knowing I'm about to make the best decision of my life.

Once we finish What Makes You Beautiful, we run offstage and change quickly. I take a deep breath and grab my mic again before walking back out on stage. It's gone dark overhead, and the only lights you can see are the ones coming from the crowd. It is a beautiful sight, but my eyes wander back to (Y/N) because she's more beautiful that anything I've ever laid eyes on.

"I'd like to dedicate this next song to a special someone in the audience," I say before pausing to glance at (Y/N). "But before we start that song, I'd like to ask that special someone to come up on stage."

I point to (Y/N) and curl my finger, motioning for her to come on stage with me. She looks confused, but smiles nonetheless and walks up on stage and stands nervously next to me. I turn to face her and grab her hand, looking at no one else but her.

"(Y/N), I love you so much." My voice echoes around the stadium, and even though my heart is still beating rapidly behind my chest, I somehow feel calm staring into (Y/N)'s eyes. "I have loved you since the first moment I saw you, and my love for you has only grown stronger. I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you." I reach into my pocket and pull out the ring before bending down on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

Around me, the fans in the stadium erupt into cheers and (Y/N) immediately brings her hand up to cover her mouth as she stares down at the ring held between my thumb and forefinger. Her eyes become watery and a single tear falls down her cheek before she finally nods.

A huge grin spreads across my face as she places her shaking hand in front of me. I slide the ring onto her finger and rise to my feet before pulling her close and planting a kiss on her lips.

After a few seconds Liam can be heard clearing his throat into his microphone. "If you two lovebirds don't mind, we still have a show to finish."

I pull away from (Y/N) to scowl at Liam before placing another quick peck to her lips as she walks off stage and back to her seat.

"I'm just kidding," Liam says defensively. "Congrats, Harold."

Zayn walks over and wraps an arm around me. "Well, I'm not the only engaged one in the band anymore. Congrats Harry, (Y/N)'s a lucky lady."

"Congrats Harry!" the other boys shout before pulling me into a group hug. Over Liam's shoulder I can see (Y/N) subconsciously twirling the ring around her finger, and that's when I know it was meant to be there.