I Know We Only Met, But Let's Purrtend It's Love

(Your P.O.V.)

"Babe, is that you?" I ask from the kitchen when I hear the faint sound of a door closing.

"Yeah."

"Hey," I say, walking out to meet him at the front door. My eyes land on his chest where I notice him cradling a slight bulge in his jacket. I look at him warily. "What are you hiding in your jacket?"

"Nothing," he says neutrally.

"It doesn't look like 'nothing'," I say, pointing to his jacket.

He sighs. "I was walking back from the studio and it felt like something was following me, so when I turned around, I saw this little guy." Harry opens his jacket to reveal a small kitten. "He followed me for almost a block, so I don't think he has a home."

"Harry, we can't-"

"Come on, babe. Look at that face," Harry says with a pout, holding the kitten in front of my face. "How can you say no to this face? And this one?" he adds, pointing to his own frowning face.

"Fine," I say exasperatedly, knowing that he's right - I can't say no to either face. Harry kisses my cheek just as the kitten begins to meow.

"Are you hungry?" Harry asks, looking down at the kitten in his arms. The kitten meows again and Harry disappears into the kitchen.

I follow him and watch him rifle through the cupboards before pulling out a small bowl. He sets the bowl and the kitten down on the counter and moves to the fridge to pull out the carton of milk. He pours a little bit of milk into the bowl and puts it into the microwave. He heats the milk briefly before placing it back in front of the cat, who sniffs it for a moment but then begins lapping it up hungrily.

"We should name him," Harry says.

"If we name him, that means we have to keep him."

"I'm okay with that," Harry says with a shrug. "I think we should name him Niall."

"Why?"

"Because he's cute and cuddly, like Niall." Harry scratches the kitten behind his ears, which causes him to purr in response. "See? I think he likes the name."

I sigh, knowing arguing with Harry will get me nowhere. "Alright. But when the real Niall asks why we named him that, you have to explain it to him."

"Deal."

-

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I get up off the couch when I hear the doorbell, opening it to see Niall standing on my doorstep with a bright smile.

"Hey," I say, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey," he says, looking over my shoulder. "Where's the beer?"

"We haven't seen each other in a week, and that's all you care about, alcohol?"

"'Course," Niall says with a shrug, smirking. "You should know me by now, Haz."

"I do, I just thought you'd still be happy to see me." I frown at him but he just shakes his head.

"I'll see you everyday for the next six months," he says, pushing past me to walk into the house. "Hey, (Y/N)!" I hear him shout from down the hallway.

I hear (Y/N) say hello back and then I hear the fridge open, obviously by Niall in search of a beer. I make my way back over to the couch and sit down. Niall walks back in a moment later and sits down next to me, eyes fixed on the television. He takes a pull of his beer before turning to look at me.

"Haz, are you really watching Love Actually, again?"

"It's a classic," I say. "And it's my favorite movie, so if you don't want to watch it then you can leave."

Niall laughs. "Harry, you and I both know you won't kick me out."

Instead of telling him he's right, I give him a slight glare before turning back to the screen with a huff, crossing my arms over my chest. A moment later, the screen suddenly changes to a derby game. I look back at Niall to find him with the remote in his hand, grinning behind his beer bottle.

"Hey," I protest.

"Harry, I am not watching Love Actually for the billionth time."

"Fine," I huff. "I'll go help (Y/N) in the kitchen."

I walk down the hallway towards the kitchen, but stop halfway when I feel something walk across my foot. I look down to see kitten Niall nuzzling up against my leg. I smile, bending down to pick him up.

"Hello, Niall," I coo, scratching behind his ears, causing him to purr. "Are you hungry? What about some milk?"

"Um, no thanks, I'm good," I hear from the living room.

I walk back out into the living room. "Sorry, I didn't mean you."

"But you said my name. Who else could you possibly be talking to?"

"The cat."

"You named your cat after me? And since when do you even have a cat?"

"Yes, I did, and since yesterday. He followed me from the studio."

Niall blinks, obviously still confused. "Why the hell did you name him after me?"

I shrug. "I don't know, he just reminded me of you."

"And (Y/N) is okay with that?"

"Yeah."

"But won't that get confusing?"

I shrug. "Maybe, but at least the cat won't drink all my beer." I duck when Niall throws a pillow my way. "Okay, you don't have to like the name, but at least look at the bright side."

"What bright side?"

I walk over to Niall and lean in close to whisper in his ear, "Think of how much pussy you're gonna get."

Niall spits out his beer before erupting into a fit of laughter.