22. stun

It hurt

It hurt. Like physically hurt me, trying to keep myself away from opening the gift. I couldn't though. Xander told me not to open it until I get home and I was just minutes away.

Work had let out by five and Ryan had to meet up with a family member so I had to go home by myself. Once the cab pulled to a stop in front of my house and I paid, I got out and quickly made my way into the building.

Once I was inside the apartment and I had made sure the locks were in, I took off my clothes and had a quick shower, slipping into a pair of joggers and an old band tshirt. I let my hair fall around my face, sighing at the freedom of my curls.

I wondered what was in there. What had he gotten for me? Especially the big one. I got onto my bed and picked up my phone.

To Xander 🔫: I just got home. I'm opening the presents now.

Xander's response was immediate.

From Xander 🔫: Alright, baby. Hope you like your them.

I tossed my phone to the side in excitement and picked up the small box. I pulled off the bow and flipped it open, letting out a loud gasp when I see what was in there. It was a silver cuff with my name and my gorgeous boy, engraved on it over and over again. It was so beautiful.

I took it out and ran my fingers along the words, smiling softly at the cuff. I slipped it on and it was my perfect size. I was still smiling as I pulled the bigger box closer to me. I tugged on the bow and lifted the lid. My eyes widened as I take in the items in the box.

There was a black onesie with white smiley faces and it even had a hoodie. I lifted the onesie, it felt so soft and it smelt so good. I wouldn't put it past Xander to wash it and put some of his cologne on it because it smelt just like him. There was three pairs of fuzzy socks, one oversized hoodie with a snoozing cat on it, and a bib with dinosaurs dribbled all over it, a colouring book and crayons. It was a little care box.

Oh my god.

Oh my goodness.

I placed the onesie down and ran my fingers over the other items. My hands were shaking a bit and I... I needed Xander here. I reached for my phone and hit the speed dial for Xander, pressing the phone against my ear.

"Baby, can I call you back I'm in a meeti-"

"Xan..." I said, my voice coming off shaky. Oh. It felt like I was going to cry any second. The whole thing, the presents, the cuffs, the onesie, the crayons. I haven't been given something like this. I could see how much attention Xander had paid, the way each item had been placed.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong? I'm on my way, okay?" Xander said and I could hear this shuffling sound. The tears let loose, rolling down my cheeks. I wiped them away as fast as I could. He was even leaving his meeting for me.