26. fear

"Did you hear, there's gonna be a new vice president." Ryan said as we logged out of our computer.

I shook my head in response. It's been a while since Moy had gone or, well, imprisoned and they've left that position for too long. It was lunch time, Ryan and I were going to get a quick bite from the cafeteria.

It would have been great to have lunch with Xander but he and J had some super secret meeting that  would last through lunch and might end sometime in the evening. I wondered what kind of meeting it was exactly and if Xander was going to come home with bruises on his knuckles.

I didn't need to see him in action to know Xander was a good fighter. He never had bruises on him from a fight, just the occasional bloody knuckles. And even Ryan had said the same thing. It made me feel so proud. It made me feel so proud to know Xander could protect himself, it made me feel safe- Xander could protect me. From anything and anyone.

"Do you know who it is?" I asked as we walked out of the office, heading right for the elevators.

"Not really. All I know is, he's going to be flying in from another city." Ryan said and I nodded.

We took the elevator down and it was the same chatter everywhere. Everyone was wondering who the new vice president would be and if he would be as problematic as Moy. Ryan links his arms with mine as we walked out of the elevator. We had just walked out of the building when a red Ferrari pulled to a stop.

I don't pay attention to it though and just continued to walk and talk with Ryan.

"Do you know J can speak ten languages?" Ryan asked and I shook my head.

"May I ask how you know? Was he telling you dirty things in these languages?" I asked, nudging my shoulder against Ryan's. I looked at him, my smile widening when I see his cheeks grow pink. I had the cutest best friend.

"Your mind is always in the gutter."

"You didn't deny it though." I said, wiggling my brows at him.

"I like it." Ryan said. "And you don't have any room to talk, remember how you came home two days ago covered with hickeys? It was like Xander wanted to brand you." Ryan said, his hand reaching up to pole at the concealer covered mark on my neck. He wasn't kidding though. After the first time Xander and I had sex, I only got maybe two hours of sleep after that because we went at it, again and again. On the bed, against the wall and a rim job that had me shaking and pressed up against the glass shower doors.

My entire skin was covered with hickeys, finger dents that had turned to little bruises on my hips and that one bite mark on my left ass. I could only cover the ones on my neck since I had to go to work and it would seem unprofessional if I showed up like that.

The food cart at the end of the street sold really good sisig, all you had to do was just wait for a bit. Thankfully the queue wasn't that much and by the time we could place an order to go, it was a fresh batch. Fuck, it smelt really good.

I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the vendor packing up our order and sent it to Xander. I wasn't expecting a quick response but for someone in a very important meeting, he sure texted back really fast.

From Xander 🔫: is that all you're having for lunch?

To Xander🔫: yeah. They sell in large portions and I'm not sure how Ryan and I are going to finish it.

To Xander🔫: how is your meeting? Are you gonna take a break and have lunch?

From Xander🔫: alright, baby. It looks really good. I'm kinda jealous now