28. time

Xander

It's eight in the morning and I'm sure I already had hundreds of messages to go through. The curtains have been pulled back and sunlight filled the room. Bram was still asleep, the duvet pulled close to his face and the only thing I could see was his eyes, brows and his hair. His hair had come loose from it's bun and was spread out over his pillow.

The most beautiful person I have ever seen.

I don't know how long I kept staring at him for but I just... couldn't look away. It was moments like this these that I treasured the most. I moved closer, reaching out to softly run my finger across his brow, pushing back the curls that fell across his face.

I kept softly combing my hands through his curls. My gaze never leaving his face. The sunlight coming through the windows gave him this soft look, his dark skin creamy and I just couldn't look away. Why would I even want to look away from Bram? From this gorgeous prince?

Bram's brow twitched and in the next second, his eyes opened. He looked right at me, his whiskey-brown eyes looking right at me.

"Good morning, Bram." I said, fingers trailing down his face and in the process pushing back the duvet.

"Good morning." he said and I grinned. My darling was back.

Bram moved closer and cuddled up to me, his head on my chest, his curls tickling my nose. I held onto him as tightly as I could. We stayed that way for a while, not saying a word, just holding onto each other and breathing.

"Can we go and freshen up? My morning breath is awful." Bram said and I chuckled. After voicing my agreement, we both got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom. Bram stood in front of the mirror and stared at himself, his eyes going wide when he sees his bed hair. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression.

"Oh my god." he cried, reaching for his hair. "My hair looks like an out of control curly cotton candy." he said and I almost snorted.

"You look beautiful as always." I said and Bram just blinked at me.

"Xander, it's too early for you to be this sweet. I've got goop in my eyes." Bram said and I faked a frown, moving closer to him. I cupped his face in my hands and acted like I was looking for the goop. I turned this way and that before swiftly pressing a kiss to Bram's temple. My boyfriend giggled, playfully smacking my arm.

"Your bed hair is also awful."

"Yeah but I still look good." I said. I cried out when Bram pinched my skin, playfully glaring at him.

We brushed our teeth, washed our face and walked out of the bathroom. I leant against the wall as I watched Bram try to sort out his hair. He grabbed one of the spray bottles I had gotten for him and filled it with water, he sprayed every side of his hair and ran his fingers through it until it was soft enough. It was kinda like watching magic. I wondered if he'd let me help wash his hair during his wash day. Once he was done, I took Bram's hand in mine as we walked out of the room. I had on just a pair of plaid pajama bottom while Bram was in baby blue sleep shorts and a plaid pajama top that matched mine.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked as we walked down the stairs.

"I want pancakes."

"Chocolate chip pancakes coming right up." I said and he cheered. The kitchen was empty and based on the amount of plates in the dishwasher, J and the others have already eaten.  I pulled out the ingredients I would need while Bram played around with the iPod sound dock and after a couple  of seconds, Real Love Song by Nothing but Thieves came on.