14. oops

I let out a loud groan and sank to the floor, the scoreboard on the screen showed I lost again to Ryan who was cheering so loud

I let out a loud groan and sank to the floor, the scoreboard on the screen showed I lost again to Ryan who was cheering so loud. I placed my hands on my legs and glared up at my supposed best friend. He sucks. Really.

It wouldn't hurt to let me win once.

Thankfully we were indoors. We didn't feel like going out to the arcade any more. The entire office was buzzing with the news. Moy had been dropped off in front of the police station, with just his pants on and a note tapped to his chest. He had confessed to all his crimes.

Apparently, there were some rape charges and issues of harassments. According, to the newspapers and gossips as well as the news app on my phone. Old cases where woman had reported Moy had come up and one witness also.

It had made me feel a bit better, to be honest. To know that I wasn't the only one who had gone through this. And to know, my man was behind this. I was pretty sure, Xander must have had Moy investigated and shit. He had set this ball in motion.

Ryan grabbed two bottles of moutain dew, passing one to me while dropping to the ground.

"Tired?" I asked and he nodded.

"I think I ate too much orange chicken."

"There is no such thing." I said, rubbing at my belly.

I raised my hand, taking off the hair band off my hand and pulling my hair into a bun, loose curls dropping around my frame.

"So how is it going with Xanny?"

"Oh my god, don't call me that." I said, nudging him with my elbow.

"What? What do you want me to call him? Xanderful?" Ryan asked before taking a sip of his drink. I glared at him, considering giving him my middle finger.

"Since we are talking about the men in our lives, what is up with you and J?" I asked and Ryan sighed. Oh. Something must be going on there. "What? What is it? Do I have to maim somebody? Do I have to tell Xander to maim somebody?"

"Not yet."

"Then what is it?"

"He just hasn't called me and he hasn't answered my messages." Ryan said, the tip of his ears burning red. I turned to him, my eyes wide. They had gotten on so well that that day. What was J thinking and who the fuck does he think he is, not replying to my friend's chat.

He wasn't even that handsome.

Scratch that, he was a ugly as hell man and should be fucking happy Ryan liked him.

"Can I see the messages you sent?" I asked Ryan and he nodded. He hands me the phone and I look through.

Ryan had sent:

hi, it's Ryan. It was nice meeting you today

And this was sent a week ago and he got no reply.  The second message he sent was a day ago and I mentally applauded my friend from not sending daily text messages.