5. idiot

I was grateful Ryan had spent the day at my house yesterday

I was grateful Ryan had spent the day at my house yesterday. We had talked about what had happened and he kept slapping me up the back of my head. It kinda felt like he was trying to slap some sense into me.

It's a new day and I'm dressed up in my dark pants and a white button up shirt with my sleeves rolled up. I didn't know what to do with my hair this morning and the curls were going everywhere so I just packed it up into a bun.

It's a bit past nine and I was in my second cup of coffee, Netflix pulled up and Elite season three was playing. I wanted to know who killed Polo, it was driving me crazy.

Ryan had been called to the marketing department to help with a projector problem meanwhile I'm here and hoping Moy doesn't call me to his office. I was just about to keep watching when there was a pop up notification, I wanted to click on the exit button and ended up tapping on it instead.

The page loads and my eyes almost pop right out of my head. On the page was Zoro. He was wearing a form fitting suit with dark sunglasses on, he was walking with a stoic expression switch J right behind him.

The caption read: Multi Millionaire seen walking out of police station.

I zoomed in on the picture and just stared at it. I raised my hand and covered half of his face with my palm and it's him. It really was him.

His name wasn't Zoro.

It was Xander Lupo.

Xander. It suits him. A gorgeous name for a gorgeous man.

I don't even notice when I get up from my seat. I just needed to confirm. Since the news was dated yesterday, he might be home. I grabbed my phone and wallet and walked to the elevator, taking it to the first floor and walking out of the building.

Zoro's address was still clear and loud in my head. It took a while to get a cab but once I gave the cabbie the address, it felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. I just needed to know.

Shit. I had just walked right out of work without taking an excuse or permission. I didn't even tell Ryan. Shit. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Ryan telling him there was a family issue and sending the same thing to my boss, but with more words so it would be more official.

In my haste I hadn't taken my airpods. Music would have helped calm my nerves a bit. I hummed Falling by Harry Styles as the car moved, passing trees, buildings and other things and people.

My leg wouldn't stop jiggling and my palms were sweaty. Even though I was staring out of the window, it still caught me off guard when the cab pulled up to the front of Zoro's gate.

I bit my bottom lip, counting the right amount of notes and handing them to the cabbie. I got out of the cab and stood in front of the gates, looking up at the big building. I wondered how many actually lived here and if Zoro actually lived here?