17. rain

It's raining and it's cold and somehow heating wasn't working in I and Ryan's office, so we had to leave the door open

It's raining and it's cold and somehow heating wasn't working in I and Ryan's office, so we had to leave the door open. I never liked doing that.

Work was work, honestly. There was no other way I'd put it and I rotated between doing that and sending the occasional text to Xander. Monday turns into Tuesday, Tuesday turns into Wednesday and Xander had called to tell me he wouldn't be able to make it to our dinner date.

"I'm so sorry, kitten. I'll make it up to you." Xander said and I shook my head, temporarily forgetting he couldn't see me.

"It's okay. You have business to attend to." I said, biting back a sigh. I had been excited to go for dinner with Xander since I hadn't seen him since Sunday night and I wanted another cuddle. Needed one.

"Baby, are you mad? Just say the word and I will cancel this meeting." Xander asked and again, I shook my head. Shit. I had to stop doing that and actually voice out my replies.

"We can have dinner on Thursday and this time I'll cook."

"You want to cook for me, baby?" Xander asked.

"I do."

"I'd love to eat something that's made by you. I bet it would be delicious." Xander said and I felt my cheeks heat up. This man. This. Man. "Wouldn't you be too tired though? You work through the entire day, I don't want to stress you even more by making you cook for me."

This man.

How could he be so sweet? So caring?

How in the name of everything sweet, did I find him? Who do I have to thank for bringing him into my life?

"I'll make something light." I told him, already thinking of what I could make. I could make soup? Ugh soup. No soup. I'll think of something or look up something after this phone call. "You..."

"I?"

"You are unbelievable. How are you real?"

"I'm as real as you. As real as Ryan. As real as the ben and jerry's ice cream you like." Xander said, his last words startling a laugh out of me. I loved how he could make me laugh, like it was effortless, like it was his goal to hear or see me laugh.

"I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to hold you." Xander said and I sighed wistfully. Oh, how I wanted to kiss him, to feel the weight of his hands on my hips. "I might have gotten you a little something. it's going to be delivered soon."

I sat up at that. What? What did he get? Was it another giant stuffie? If he was delivering it to the office it couldn't be that.

"What did you get me?"

"A little something, sweetheat. I hope you like it." Xander said and then added. "Okay, I have to go now, I'll call you later."

"Bye, Xan."