36. worry

"So... you two are married?"

I almost choked on the water I was drinking. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Xander gave you a giant mark on your neck." Ryan said, pointing at the collar that was wrapped around my neck. it's been a day and I still love it as much as I did the first time Xander put it on me. I don't think I'll ever take it off. Well, except when I want to shower or have a bath. Even then it's a fifty percent thing. I never want to take it off.

"It's a collar, Ry."

"I know what it is. J almost talked my ear off when he saw it on you this morning." Ryan said before taking a spoonful of ice cream. "And he told me what it meant. Well, J and google. Google is really fucking helpful."

"Yeah, it is." I said, placing my cup of water on the table, so I don't spill it on myself. It's lunch time and we decided to eat in the office cafeteria. We took our seat at the back, we had both picked a ham sandwich, some lasagne and cookie dough flavoured coffee. Thankfully, there were not a lot of people in the cafeteria today.

"So... are you married or not?" Ryan asked. "I want to know if I missed your wedding so I'll act mad and angry at you."

"How long have you been wanting to ask me this?" I asked, softly shaking my head at my friend. We had been at work for four hours and he hadn't brought it up until now. Yeah, I wore my collar to work but it went with my outfit. Black shirt tucked into black pants, my white sneakers. My hair was pulled up into a bun and my collar wrapped around my neck.

People have been staring but it made me feel more proud to show off my Dom's collar. Well, they don't know it's my collar, nor do people know my lifestyle but they stare because it's so beautiful, expensive, shiny and based on some judgey looks, not something a man should wear or have seen a man wear. Well, they can kiss my ass.

"All day. So can you answer the question now? Ive asked it twice."

"It's... equivalent to an engagament or wedding ring, it depends on the couple. Like it has the same meaning and significance." I said, trying to find the right words to explain to Ryan. "it's a sign of ownership and commitment."

"So is that a yes?"

My cheeks grow warmer. "For Xander and I, it's like a pre-engagement. It shows how serious we are about each other and that we are ready to take the next step." I said and Ryan clapped, cheering as he does. The weirdo.

"I am so happy for you." he said and he looked it. He was smiling so wide it must hurt his cheek.

"And I am happy for you and J." I said, reaching out to place my hand on top of his. "He really makes you happy and I don't see you half of the time now."

"He does." Ryan said, his cheeks going red. "And you don't see me half of the time because you have all but moved in with Xander at this point and J spends the night at ours." he said, suddenly looking shy. Naught naughty.

"You are so blushy. What do you two get up to there? Or do I not want to know?" I asked.

"I don't think you want to know." he replied and I let out a loud oooooooh.

"I think we should have another dinner. Maybe this time we go to a drive-in and watching movies, with popcorn...."

"Like we didn't get to in high school?" Ryan asked and I blinked at him. What? What??

Ryan suddenly looked like he had said too much but I reacted quickly. I reached out and placed my hand on his. It sucked that we didn't meet earlier but I'm here for him now and we're going to do everything together.