8. uhhh

We got to the movie theater and Xander literally buys enough to make my arms full

We got to the movie theater and Xander literally buys enough to make my arms full. He got the large popcorn, jelly beans, licorice, an extra large slushee, sour patch kids and just a medium sized salty popcorn for himself and a bottle of water.

"We're going to see a movie, not several movies." I told Xander as we walked towards the theater room. He had taken everything he ordered for me. They had been placed in a white bag and he simply handed me my popcorn while he held onto the rest.

"Is it bad that I want to buy you a little bit of all the snacks?" Xander asked, his right brow raised.

"This isn't a little bit." I said gesturing to the bag he hand in hand and my popcorn. I only get a shrug and I shook my head at him.  Xander was ridiculous.

Surprisingly, the theater wasn't packed, the tiny lights were on and I took to the stairs, Xander right behind me as I headed to the back. I hated when people blocked my view, be it with their heads or their hands or those annoying people that always take their phone out. So back it was.

"I'm so excited for this." I said, resisting the urge not to clap my hands happily. Xander was looking at me, a small smile on his face. I felt the familiar swoop in my tummy, my cheeks growing hot.

"You look gorgeous when you're excited."

"Oh my god, Xander." I didn't know what to do and I couldn't keep looking at him or I was going to end up kissing him. So I did the only thing I could think of. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and pushed it into my mouth, chewing aggressively as I looked away.

Xander let out an amused chuckle beside me and it's not fair. He just can't be throwing out words like that. I don't think my heart could take it.

"Stop chewing like that. You might choke." Xander said and I do as he said but I still don't look at him though. Thankfully the lights went out and the sound came on and yeah... the trailers begin.

Halfway through the movie and my popcorn was gone and I was scared. My heart was pounding in my chest as CeeCee grabs the can of paint and flips it onto the open space.

I let out a loud scream and reached for something to hold. That something being Xander's hand. I don't bother thinking too much about it. I just held on. The movie progresses at an alarming pace and then it gets to the part at the mental institution. She was in the shower and the next thing someone was being stopped and it startled me so much I hid my face in Xander's shoulder.

I felt the weight of his hand on my arm and I tried to calm myself down. I loved watching horror and thriller but it makes me all jumpy and scared.

"Wanna continue?" Xander asked, his voice a quiet whisper.

"Yeah."

Majority of the snacks Xander had bought were finished and we were near the end of the movie. I could feel it. They found him but I still didn't want to believe. I was still holding on to Xander's hand and he just let me.