37. xram

It took days but Xander does get better.

After two days, J was a,ready up and moving, Ryan glued to his side to make sure he was alright. Xander though, Xander scared me so much. He had said he was fine but during the night, he got such a high fever and he was sweating so much.

It took the doctor and some drugs but he's fine now. Better than he had been at the start of the week.

"What are you thinking about?" the familiar deep voice said and I looked up from the book I had been looking at. Xander was walking out of the closet, making his way over to the bed where he had placed his hoodie.

Xander was shirtless, jeans on but unbuttoned. The bruises on his body were slowly fading, gauze on the other cuts. The tribal tattoo on his side just as beautiful as always. His hair was wet and stuck to his forehead. He looked really good.

"Bram..."

"Huh...."

Xander stared at me, small smile on his face. He walked over to me, slipping his arms around my waist as he pulls me even closer. I smile up at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You keep spacing out, honey." Xander said, nudging his nose against mine.

"I was thinking about you."

Xander's grip around my waist tightened. "I'm right here."

"Doesn't mean I can't think about you." I said, scrunching up my nose a little. "Are you sure you're gonna be alright?"

"It's a short flight and I am alright. No fever, no pain." Xander said, pausing to press a kiss to my nose. "You don't have to worry."

"I'll worry if I want to. You'd do the same if it was the other way around." I said and Xander chuckled. He knew I was right and he knew better than to argue with me.

"You're right, kitten."

"Come on, let's get you ready." I said, pressing my lips against his in a quick kiss. Xander pulls on his hoodie and then slipped o his jacket, it was chilly now. Almost winter. I already had on my clothes. One of Xander's plaid shirt that literally reached my thighs, sleeves almost covering my fingers, jeggings and my Doc Martens. I had packed my hair up into a messy bun and I knew that before I left this house, Xander would take off my hair band.

"When's J and Ryan joining us?" Xander asked as he finally wheels his box towards the door.

"Next week. They want some time to themselves." I said and Xander nods. We made our way down  and before I got to the last step, I felt Xander's fingers in my hair and soon enough, my curls were loose. This man and my hair. Honestly.

"Really?"

Xander laughed. "You already knew I was gonna do it anyway."

The ride to the airport was filled with small talk and music, Xander humming while I sang along to Dua Lips, Be The One. Xander stayed right by my side as we walked through the airport, making our way towards what looked like a private or vip gate. We didn't have to wait for any checks, we just got our boarding pass and security led us to where we were meant to go. It wasn't like they showed in those airport security shows and in the movies too. It was... fast.

It was then I noticed we were holding hands. I hadn't even noticed. I moved closer, placing my free hand on his elbow while we kept walking.

It was when I got on the plane that I finally realized what the fuck had happened.

"This is your plane?" I asked, my voice really loud. I couldn't stop staring around. It was so clean, white and gold. Oh my god.

"Oh... did I not tell you?" Xander asked with a shrug, trying to act nonchalant about it. Acting like owning a private plane was like owning a pack of yogurt.