7. bram

Look At by SALTNPAPER was playing through the speakers and I just stared up at the ceiling

Look At by SALTNPAPER was playing through the speakers and I just stared up at the ceiling. I was lying down on the bed still in my pajamas, my hair pulled into a bun.

It was early and I was so not ready to go to watch a movie with Xander. It felt like my heart was going to fall out of my chest, my finger tips felt tingly and shit... what was going on in my stomach?

I was startled out of my thoughts when my phone rang. My breath got caught in my throat when I saw who was calling.

Xander 🔫

I coughed, trying to clear my throat before I picked the call.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, Bram. How was your night?" He asked and oh my god, his voice. Did he just wake up too? His voice sounded a bit gravelly and deeper and it had to be the best thing I've ever heard.

"It was good. A little cold though." I said, rolling over to tap the space bar on my laptop so I could pull my laptop out of sleep and check the time. Nine thirty am.

"I'm sorry it was cold."

"Nah, it's fine. You don't have to apologize." I said, smiling. He was so wonderful apologizing for something he couldn't control. He was making the feeling in my tummy worse.

"Have you had breakfast?"

"My friend is coming over with it. I'll just make some tea at home."

"You aren't going to invite me?" Xander teased and I giggled.

"I would if I could but I can't so-"

"I shan't." Xander completed and this time I laughed out loud. I got onto my side and my cheeks felt hot.

"You watch The Big Bang Theory too?" I asked.

"It's a guilty pleasure." Xander said with a laugh. I was grateful I was already lying down because if I had been standing I would have surely dropped to the ground. His laugh. His. Laugh.

"I can't... I can't imagine you watching that. You're a big bad man in a gang." I said, teasing just a bit. This time Xander laughed even louder.

"You just called my family a gang." Xander said and I could hear the amusement through the phone. My cheeks felt even hotter than it had a couple seconds ago.

"It is a gang though, isn't it?"

"Kitten, you never cease to amaze me." Xander said and I felt it. I felt the word. It sent a thrill through me, all the way down to my toes and back up my body. I heard the tell tale signs of Ryan at the door and knew I had to end this conversation soon or I wouldn't get to eat breakfast. Ryan has a black hole as a stomach even though he never wanted to admit it.

"I have to go now."

"Before you go. I checked the viewing time for Birds of Prey."

"Can we watch The Invisible Man first? I saw the trailer and it was amazing." I said, wondering if he was going to be okay with the change of plans.