27. pay

Xander

"Xander...."

I threw my weight behind the punch.

"Xander..." J said and this time, when I hit the punching bag, there was a loud ripping sound and sand poured out of it. I looked at my hand. I didn't tape up, nor did I use gloves. My knuckles were bruised and bloody.

I flexed my fingers and curled them into a fist. My anger hasn't faded. it's been two days and it hasn't gone anywhere. Two days! Two days since Bram passed out in my arms. The three doctors I had called, told me he was shocked and something about elevated stress levels.

it's been a day since Bram woke up and he had been so scared of something that he just slipped into little space. He was taking a nap right now but I...

"Xander..." J called again and this time I turned towards him. He looks at my hands sand cussed, immediately moving towards me. I had gone through the motions for these two days, showered, styled my hair and put on clothes but once I was done with those I was always at Bram's side. I had to keep up appearances because I had a business to run, a family to take care of and they didn't need to see me out of it. It would cause a ripple effect.

But J knew.

Sweat rolled down my face and my shirt felt wet. I didn't even change, I couldn't hold back and Bram... Bram wouldn't tell me anything.

J walks up and stands in front of me.

"Your boyfriend is awake." J said, his gaze on my knuckles. When he looks up at me, I could see it. The worry in his eyes. It was clear as day. I gave him a nod and walked out of the room, climbing up the stairs. I stopped by the kitchen and pulled out the first aid kit and made a quick work of cleaning my hands up, wrapping bandage around them.

Bram was seated on the bed, yawing, one hand rubbing at his eye, his giant teddy, Chocolate, pressed against him. He looks at me and smiles widely.

"Hi daddy."

"Hey, little one." I said as I moved towards the bed. The duvet was pulled around him and he was wearing a white shirt that said daddy says unicorns are real and baby blue ruffle shorts. "How's my perfect prince doing?" I said as I got onto the bed, pulling towards me.

"Hungry. I wanna eat yum yums."

Yum Yums are what my adorable little liked to call fruits.

"Do you wanna go with me to get them or wait here for daddy?" I asked, running my hands through his curly hair.

"I wait here." he said, snuggling closer, pressing his nose to my neck.

"Alright, baby boy." I said. I let him stay snuggled up with me for bit before I pulled away, pressing a kiss to his forehead before leaving the room. I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. I had stepped in when J ends a call.

He looked angry.

"Stuart just called. He looked through the cctv recordings at MS Holdings. Bram had walked the new vice president back to his office and you have to see this." J said, holding out his phone towards me.