extra: 2

Bram has changed.

It's a good change and it's not something big, it's just something little.

I could see it in the way he stormed into the police station while I tried to keep up. The Bram that was my friend a year ago, would never come in here. He never liked police stations but here he is, angry and storming in. If I squint hard enough I would see the steam coming out of his ears and if I pay attention I'd hear ominous music played on a pipe organ to match his level of anger.

J had been the one to call us so I knew he was already here.

Bram, though, Bram didn't wait. He walked right up to the closest detective and slammed his hands on the table.

"Taking my boyfriend, arresting my boyfriend without a warrant has to be the stupidest thing you cops have ever done." he snarled, hair falling around his face like a mane. My friend that was always a fluffy kitten, now looked like a lion.

"We have enough evidence to lock him up."

This time I sighed. I stepped right up to Bram and stared at the police officer who was trying to be cocky. He actually thinks he caught Xander. It had to be the best joke I have ever heard.

"You had no warrant and yet you barged into our home, you brought him straight here and I am pretty sure he's being interrogated without a lawyer. Once your 48 hours is up, you're gonna regret it." I warned because none of them were going to let it go and by them I meant, the men and women in the Lupo crime family.

This time there was a brief look of fear on the police officer's face.

"You blue shirt people have pulled a lot of stunts but this takes the cake." Bram said, leaning back to run his fingers through his hair. "I really really hope he doesn't have a scratch on his body because you and your entire precinct will suffer."

It wasn't an empty threat. Bram may be a nice, curly haired man who had a daddy of a boyfriend, can fix computers and servers and what not but he was fucking brilliant at coding, something he never talks about. Hacking into the servers here would be a piece of cake and corrupt all the computers with a virus that becomes even more deadly the more you try to stop it.

"I'll take it from here, gentlemen."

I and Bram turned around to see who it was. It was a familiar face and man was I happy to see it. It was Mal Mackintosh, the older man who J introduced me to in the past and someone Bram favours out of all Xander's work friends.

I looked over Mal's shoulder to see J walking towards me. He was in all black, black hoodie and sweapants while Bram and I still had on our work clothes because we were coming right from MS Holdings.

J reached out for me first, his hand going around my waist and pressing a kiss to my cheek. He whispers... "It's so lovely to see you, darling." in my ear, pressing another kiss to my cheek before stepping back. He doesn't let go of me as he turns to Bram, smiling softly at him and giving his shoulder a quick squeeze.

"He's gonna be alright." J said, looking right at Bram. "He's gonna be out very soon. Mal is a lawyer. His lawyer and a good friend." J said and for the first time since we got the news, Bram relaxed. We all knew Mal wasn't just Xander's 'business' partner.

"I'm gonna get some coffee. Do not even think about following me. I just... need to breathe." Bram said and without giving us an opportunity, he walks away. I take a step towards him but J pulls me back and shakes his head at me.

"Let him go. He needs to calm down." J said and I sighed.

I turned back towards my boyfriend and looked at him. He didn't even look bothered, he looked okay. The only difference in his look was the twitch in his brow. I stepped closer to him, going up on my toes to wrap my arms around him. He might try to look aloof with his unbothered expression but I knew he was still a little bit worried.