2. kiss

"I am not in the mood."

It's dark, the lights were dimmed and were a dark shade of red. Everyone one had on a mask, a mask that matched dark suits, shiny gowns and jewelry.

"You need another drink. Unclench and let the stick up your ass, slide out." Ryan said, stretching out another glass of champagne. He should probably stop drinking. He had been giggly and spilled his drink on someone a few minutes ago.

"I will beat you with that stick." I said, glaring at Ryan. Shit. Was I the only one who was feeling hot? I reached up and adjusted the mask on my face. It was a simple black mask I had gotten and it had taken me two hours to bedazzle it with black and yellow rhinestone so it looked more like the Batman logo.

Sadly no one seemed to understand my mask. Ugh. Such a dull crowd.

"Unclench..." Ryan whispered in my ear and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Just because you're whispering it doesn't mean it's coming off wiser." I said. I grabbed the glass of champagne and moved away from him. I made my way through the crowd, taking a sip of my champagne as I went.

MS Holdings, the company I work at, always throws a party every New Year's Eve, a lot of people, celebrities, influencers were invited and staff were handed invitations to this exclusive party depending on the work they had done through the year. It was meant to make you feel good. Free food and shit. However, there was a strict dress code, suits and a mask.

I've been to this thing twice and it never gets better. Same old stuck up people invited, same fancy food. It shouldn't always be fancy food I can't pronounce. Burgers and fries would be deeply appreciated.

I took another sip of my drink and sighed.

I pushed through the crowd and made my way out of the large house the party was in. I walked around the building. It was cold out and I mentally kicked myself for forgetting to put on my coat.

Thankfully there was a stone bench behind the house. I could hear the loud thump of music coming from inside the building. A three storey building filled with people.

I was not in the mood.

I kicked at the sand and gently placed my glass on the ground. I raised my head and stared up at the sky. Just an hour until it's new year and this is where I am.

I could be watching an episode of Supernatural, Chuck was really getting on my nerves. I had already pulled up the CW app when I suddenly felt a presence beside me.

I looked up at the stranger and stared. It was a man. A tall man clad in a dark tuxedo and dark shirt, dark shoes and a watch that looked so heavy. His mask was simple, auburn colored hair styled away from his face.

"You kinda look like zoro."

The man doesn't say anything but the way he angles his body towards me. It was like he was silently asking me a question. What?

"The superhero? All black everything with a black mask like yours and a cape." I said, my finger pointed at him. "You don't have a cape though."

The man doesn't say anything and I was tempted to stick my tongue out at him. Why was he so serious? I looked away from Zoro and back at the sky. Maybe I shouldn't finish that glass of champagne. I was already tipsy.

It's not like I'm a lightweight or anything.

Fine.

Maybe I was forty percent light weight.

"I could go and get a cape if you like."

I was so startled by the voice that I almost slipped from the bench. It was not that deep, a low octave really and it felt like honey.