15. truth

"Can you get me some water, daddy?"

Xander who had been about to get me water, stopped. It took him, one, two, three seconds to turn around. I quickly got up the couch, the need to hide away so strong. Oh my goodness. I couldn't believe I had just said that.

"Bram..."

"It was a mistake." I blurted out and something flashes over Xander's face, but it was gone as fast as it came. "I didn't mean to. I was just so comfortable, I forgot myself for a minute."

"I-"

I walked around the couch, trying to inch closer towards the direction of my room so I could make a run for it. Xander was watching my every move so I know, he already knows what I want to do. I wanted to run away and at the same time I wanted to sit on his lap and be cuddled by him.

I felt a chill go through me. I felt it down to my finger tips. I didn't even notice I was shaking until Xander said it out.

"Bram, you're shaking."

"Huh?" I looked down at my hands and yeah, I was shaking.

"Darling, you need to calm down. Can I hold you? Please, baby, let me hold you." Xander said, taking one step towards me. I was tempted to take a step backwards but I couldn't. There was the familiar stinging sensation behind my eyes and oh! This was not how I thought my day was going to end.

I hated being scared all the time.

I hated being cold.

I hated the chill that goes through me whenever I remembered what had happened in the past with that shitty man.

I had someone good. Yeah, we might not have defined our relationship but we know where we are headed. Xander was a daddy dom and I want to be able to give him my all. He deserves it. I deserve it. He was going to treat me right and he has, ever since we met.

Xander takes another step forward and then another. He kept going until he was right in front of me.

"Bram, I'm going to hold you and you're going to sit on my lap, alright?"

I nodded.

"Use your words, Bram."

"Kitten." was all I said, sniffing a bit.

"Kitten, would that be alright?" Xander asked and this time I let out a shaky yes. Xander leads me over to the couch, grabbing the remote as he sat down. He places the remote on the table beside the couch and pulls me into his lap.

I pull my legs up, my hand clutching his shirt while I press my nose against his neck. Xander softly strokes my back, his free hand resting on the hand clutching his shirt tight.

"Kitten, you're alright."

"I'm not."

"Kitten..."