9. talk

"Are you a daddy dom?"

Of all the questions I could ask and in all the various fucking ways I could ask, this is how I do it? Really?

I winced, one hand reaching up to tuck a stray curl behind my ears.

"What would you do if my answer is yes?"

Now that. I wasn't expecting.

I quickly looked back up at him. Xander has both hands ticked into his pocket and he somehow looked bigger. Also what kind of answer is that? He couldn't just simply say yes or no?

"Is it yes?"

"Can we have this discussion somewhere else?" Xander asked and he doesn't even give me time to respond, he just started walking. He doesn't walk fast but he does walk away.

"Why? You want to let me down gently?" I asked.

Xander just glanced over at me but doesn't say anything. He cuts across the street, heading for the park. I followed closely, wondering what exactly he wanted to say.

We kept walking until we finally got to a park bench. Xander gestured towards it and I take my seat, still looking up at him.

"I am a daddy dominant."

The air was pushed out of my mouth and I stared at him with wide eyes. He looked so comfortable saying that. So proud to be who he is and it made him look a hundred times more gorgeous than ever.

His words surprised me even though I already had a tiny inkling about it. It's just... I didn't know what to do anymore. I haven't actually been with a daddy dominant in years. Especially one I was interested in.

"Are you alright?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked him.

"Because you're gripping the bench tightly." Xander said, looking down at my hands. I hadn't even noticed I was doing that.

"I didn't say anything because I knew you are a little."

"I'm not." It felt bitter saying those words.

Xander stepped closer and I still don't look up at him. "You're not?"

"No."

Xander remained quiet and so did I. I was still staring down at my hands when Xander squats in front of me, his finger going underneath my jaw and tilting my head back so I could see him.

"You don't have to be a little for me, Bram. I haven't asked that of you and knowing how uncomfortable you are about this, I won't ever ask you." Xander said, his finger curling in and instead his thumb stroked my cheek. We were so close and I could see just how green his eyes were. Like the forest after a rainfall.

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to. I could tell." Xander said with a small smile. "In my line of business we have to have sharp eyes and learn how to... pick on cues." He said and yeah, that actually made sense. Obviously Xander has had littles and obviously he knew what to look for.