18. club

"I'm going shopping with Ryan

"I'm going shopping with Ryan. I need an outfit." I said as I searched around for one of my many hair bands. It was a bit past twelve and I was meant to be out and ready but with Xander in my room, I just couldn't calm down.

I was jittery, excitement thrumming under my skin. We had slept together last night and I had woken up wrapped in Xander's arms. Xander asleep had to one of my favourite. His hair was all over the place and he looked relaxed. He doesn't even snore, he just held onto me, his grip firm and yet gentle.

How was this my life?

"Baby..." Xander said and I paused. It took a beat for me to turn to him. He had a hair ruffle in his hand and he was smiling. He looked so good relaxed as he was seated on the bed, leaning back, hair falling into his eyes.

I watched as Xander got up from the bed and made his way towards me. Xander was tall, his auburn hair looked darker, five o'clock shadow on his face, he was every bit tall, dark and dangerous, tattoos on his rib and left arm, his sweatpants resting low on his hips.

Mine.

He was my man.

"Can you help me?" I asked, my voice coming off quiet as I looked up at him. I took my bottom lip between my teeth and his gaze drops to them. He doesn't say a word but he does lift his hands and gently packed up my hair. I let go of the table and reached for him, my nails tracing the tattoo of the tribal black lines that formed a wolf. I hadn't noticed the tattoo before and last night I had been too tired to notice and the lights had been turned off.

My tattooed man.

Once he was done with my hair, he slips his hand down to my cheek and cupped them, moving close enough for our nose to touch.

"You could come with us."

"I wish I could, kitten but I have something to take care of today." Xander said, leaning even closer to press a quick kiss to my lips.

"All day."

"Sadly, kitten."

"Can you drop by whenever it ends? We could sleep on the same bed." I asked, looking up at him with big hopeful eyes.

"As you wish, darling."

There was a sharp knock on the door, startling me a little and popping our little bubble. I smile at Xander, moving to press a kiss on his cheek before he stepped away. I watched with great sadness as Xander pulls on his shirt. He ran his fingers through his hair and it felt like everything was happening in slow motion.

We walked out of the house hand in hand and Ryan looked so so close to squealing. I could see it on his face. Xander walked us over to the uber idling and with one last kiss to his cheek, I got in. As the car drove away, I still turned to see him.

"You are properly smitten." Ryan said and I sighed, thinking of his gentle hands in my hair, sweet chaste kisses and his warmth. It hasn't been long and I was falling for him.