Chapter 96. Cold

Nini
"You're shaking, are you cold?" Ricky asks as we walk through the park. After our little satisfaction question, we decided to actually get up and out of bed and do something.

"Uh," I chuckle, "that's..that's not the reason why I'm shaking. Still need some time to recover y'know."

"Recover? From what?"

I swear this man is the most oblivious mother fucker out there. He is honestly so lucky he is cute. Guess I gotta give him the plain answer.

"Ricky, we just fucked and y'know after fucking, I can get real tired real quickly unlike you."

"I-..right." He laughs, "right."

"Take it as a compliment babe."

He rolls his eyes and squeezes my hand. We quickly find a bench to sit on and there, we just enjoyed the white filled view.

"Back to a question earlier, do you want to visit your family? I mean they're all here." Ricky says.

"Uh, I don't think they would mind us showing up but, how about we just keep it us 2 until maybe 6 or so. I got my parents some gifts anyway, I'll need to drop that off sooner or later." I rest into his body.

"Okay. 6 it is."

We stare around and take in each other's company. I soon find myself asking a question I'm not sure he would answer.

"Have you called your mom at all?"

"Hm?"

"Your mom. Have you called her lately?"

"Oh," he rubs circles on my hand with his thumb, "not too recently. I know she's okay though."

"And your dad?"

"Well..he's in jail so, I can't really dictate if he's well or not."

"Mm. Right. You should visit him one day, don't you think?" He looks at me with a "really?" look.

"What? No way." He scoffs. "He's an abuser."

"And though you're ashamed of it, he's your father too."

"Whatever. I'm not visiting him anytime soon."

"Ricky-"

"I'm not into it."

I sigh. "Okay. That's up to you, but you're leaving for UCLA soon. You'll probably not won't want to come back here anytime soon so, I'm saying you should at least go while you can."

"I'll keep that in mind," he says blandly. Clearly, the change of mood shows me how much he dislikes his father which wasn't something I was used to. He used to be so close to him.

"Okay. Keep it in mind Rick."

*Flash Forward* (Ricky)
"Hey," an oh so familiar voice says. I turn around and see Ahmed, making me almost relieved.

"Hey, dude. What are you..what are you doing here?"

"Uh, y'know. Visited a family member for Christmas. You heading back to UCLA just now?"

"Yeah," I chuckle with a brow slightly raised, "Yeah I'm heading back now. You?"

"Gotta make one last stop before. I'm gonna head to Arizona and just enjoy the moment. I swear everything's just for a moment now a days."

I tilt my hat lower on my head. "Right. Just for a moment."

"It was great seeing you. I promise to be back soon to put up lanterns in SD." He laughs.