Chapter 58.

Ricky
  I wrestle the gun out of his hands as we fall to the ground. I can hear EJ yelling in the background but I couldn't get anything to process. My eyes were just focused on Lachlan and the gun. I pin him down and try pointing the gun away from me by pushing his arm down. As his arm flings down, the gun drops, sliding against the cafe floor.
"I think your forgetting I have a family." He grunts, catching my attention. I hold both his hands down but we both stop fighting once I hear a familiar click on the side of my head. I immediately lift up my hands and get off of him.
"Kant.." I reluctantly say, eyes closed.
"Richard. Missed me?"
I open my eyes to see Kants oh so familiar gun. Skye was behind him.
"What do you want..why can't you guys just fucking leave!"
"There's no fun in that. Lachlan get up you twat. God your so fucking useless."
I keep my hands up. I didn't want to move my head. I don't know what they're capable of..well I do.
"Y'know what," he begins to point the gun at Lachlan. "Since we're here, I have a dilemma for you Lachy."
"The hell are you doing? Seriously?"
"Come back to Chicago with us once Skye gets her adoption shit off or stay here and hope for the best. And really? Your the rapist? I swore you could get girls a different way, I really did."
EJ was right by Lachlan's gun, but he made the right move not to get it. Kant will shoot if he wants.
  "Come on, Lachy Dachy..which one?"
  "I have a life here Kant."
  "What life? You don't got a job anymore. Don't think so highly right now. I'm the one with the gun here."
  "Ricky..." I hear a soft voice say behind me. I slowly turn around to see everyone's hands up, except Nini's. She was holding her right chest. She slowly lifts her hand up, revealing a dark red soaking through her white dress.
I wanted nothing more but to move, but the thought of me not being able to walk over to her because of a gun shot in my head haunts me. I heavily breathe, closing my eyes in the thought that I just lost everything. I turn around.
  "I-..please..just let me..can I just.." my heart sinks to the bottom of my chest.
  "Not until Lachy here gives me an answer."
"Come on! Kant give me a FUCKING break..man please."
  I hear a thump behind me, leaving me to believe Nini's on the ground.
  "Ricky..go." I look at Skye, who had taken a liking to bring a gun of her own. "You shoot Ricky, I shoot you."
With the words, I immediately drop my hands and rush over to Nini. She was laying almost so lifelessly on the ground.
"Hey hey..Nini." I feel her cheek before starting to unbutton my shirt. "Stay with me Come on."
  I use my shirt to cover the bullet wound on her right chest. Tears stream down my face as I do so.
"Stay with me Come on Nini. I know I'm sorry. I'm sorry, come on." I feel everyone's eyes on us. I know they want to move and I can hear the sobbing of them. I cup her face with one hand as I continue to press down with my shirt.
"Can you call the FUCKING COPS?" I shout as if anyone can actually do anything. I feel her pulse as it was faint but still there. It must've hit a lung.
"The cops are on their way.." EJ states sternly. "Infact..I'm pretty sure they're already here."
His voice cracked, but I didn't care if it told me he was crying.
  Her eyes were starting to close, causing me to start sobbing crazy.
  "Nini..wake up. Come and stay with me. Nini!" I begin shaking her. "I need you love."
I keep my shirt on her, pressing as hard as I can to stop anymore blood coming out, but it felt useless.
"NINI Please!" I've cried too much but it was almost like my only way of coping. I lift her head up and put it on my lap. "Nini can you hear me? Please."
"Yes...I can.." she was trying so hard to breathe. And it was all my fault. She managed to open her eyes slightly, looking up at me as I continue to press my shirt down. My heart decided to stop once more when she put her hand on my arm.

  "HANDS UP! EVERYONE!" The loud voices of men and women echo the cafe. "NO ONE MOVE!"
I continue to press down on the shirt, the blood soaking right through it. Blood trails her side.
  "Nini..love.."I whisper, rocking back and forth crying. "Stay please. I want to change for you, let me change for you."

  It felt like everything was in slow mo. Everyone was rushing to me and Nini in the slowest possible manor. I don't know why but it felt so useless. It felt like it was my fault and I clearly didn't do enough except cause it all.
I try holding her as close as I can, trying to cherish what might be my last moment with her. Why am I so fucking useless?
Even when the officers were trying to get me to move, I couldn't. I didn't want to leave her.

"Ricky, if you want her to live let go."

"Ricky let go!"

"Calm down, it'll be okay."

Everything they were saying was just going in one ear and out the other. EJ took the chance and pulled me away. I just remember pushing away and trying to get back to her but it was hopeless.

"Leave her for a second!" He yells pushing me back.

"You asshat! You knew and you could've handled this better! Now look where we're at!"
"I'm sorry, I am but you just gotta let them do their job!"
"Piss off! Just piss off!"
I look past him and through my tears to see Nini crowded by paramedics I didn't even know were here.
  I make eye contact with Skye who was getting arrested along with her brothers.
This was at a school for fucks sakes.

I began to hyperventilate but I immediately tried breathing calmer but the tears just kept going.

  This was all my fault.

I was actually going to post this tomorrow but I've decided to not be an asshole and post today. I want to say things but I can't😂
(I'll hardly ever post 3 times like this just saying❤️)
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
V & C
-CR