Chapter 2

Ricky
    "You know mom," I say as my mom hugs me for a rather uncomfortable amount of time, "I'll be seeing you in a couple of months right?"
     "Oh but that's way to long! And the fact that I've been with you for so long has made it much worse than you going to back to your fathers." She replies, letting go of me.
       "96 days Mom. Just 96 days." I say tapping my watch.
       "Oh alright. It's time for you to go now."
As I begin to turn around her voice takes me to a halt. "Oh wait. Also...honey. If you go out partying..and meet girls...well... y'know..no glove no love."
        "Oh my god. Mom!" I reply, making a rather disgusted face, "I'm leaving...I'm leaving. Love you."
     Finally at the gate, I force myself not to look back before going on the aircraft. I know from experience not ever to look back otherwise I'll not be heading where I need to go. After placing my luggage and skate board on one of those weird holders, I sit myself down by the window and seatbelt. Sighing, I take out my phone and earbuds before soon placing the earbuds in my ears and pressing play.
     "4 hours.." I tell myself, "just 4 hours."

4 HOURS LATER

"Hello Passengers of Flight 836. We will be landing shortly. Please fasten seatbelts and do not get up for the rest of the duration of the flight. Thank You!" The over head speakers announce, waking me up from a rather long and uncomfortable nap.
Sitting up from my position, I take out my ear buds and look at my phone. My phone battery is now only 46% and skateboarding with luggage in hand isn't going to help. I take out my wallet from my pocket and count $3000 in cash before looking at my phones bank app to see $17000 saved up in my card.
"More than enough Mom." I say quietly.

The plane finally landing, I wait for everyone to leave first before I do, in hope that no one will see me struggle to take out the luggage. Everyone leaving, I get up and open one of the holders before taking everything out with ease, surprising me. Everything in hand, I start walking across the aisles till I say good bye to the flight attendants.

OUT OF THE AIRPORT

Taking my luggage, I pull out my skateboard before plopping it on the ground.
   "How am I suppose to do this...?" I question myself quietly, "do I...no...uh do I"
Struggling to find a way to pull my luggage, I move my skateboard in various positions, hoping to find one allowing me to push my luggage while skating.
    "FUCK!"
Everyone's eyes are on me, but it takes me a while to realize.
     "S-Sorry. Continue on..people.."

   It wasn't till 10 minutes later that I realized that my suit case turns into a backpack. Skating on the side walk, I realize I'm only 20-25 minutes away and if I walked, I'd probably would've been there on time.

  Arriving on campus, I take a moment to look at the place that will hold me dearly for the next 4 years. I sigh before looking at my schedule and dorm.
     "Dorm...264...floor 2.." I look at the building before soon realizing that this wasn't the building for dorms but the library. Actually at the right spot , I enter but not before I decide to hit my head fondly on a metal poll.
   In the elevator, I wait for a rather long time before realizing that I probably should've brought a fan of some sort considering how fucking hot it is. It's nothing like Chicago. The ding of the elevator let's me know to get the hell out.
Wiping the sweat off of my head, I step out and begin trailing the carpet, in hope that I'll find my dorm.
"Dorm 255....dorm 256...57.." I count quietly. The gold plated tags that the dorm numbers lay on have done nothing but catch my attention.
"63....here.."
I take out my dorm keys and struggle to place it into the lock for a couple of seconds until the satisfaction of the click tells me to go right on in. Opening the door, I expected some sort of guy, either clean or messy, but I didn't expect this.

Dang you guys really seem to enjoy the series. You guys are coming in hot! Please follow my Insta @Clearrockwriting for updates and info on my stories.