Chapter 34

Ricky
  Last night was a pure dream, but the thought of Nini getting raped makes me sick to my stomach. I loved her then, and just after 2 weeks, I do now, but I will not just hug and comfort someone who doesn't even know that I know the worst situation they've ever been in.
  "Okay, uhm. Have they called you about our stuff yet?" Nini questions Lachlan, drinking water.
  "Uh no. Unfortunately, they have not. I'm sure they'll call me later today or tomorrow. If not by then, I'll head to the house myself." He answers, pouring coffee into a mug. "Uhm, creamer or do you drink your coffee black?"
  "Hm? Oh, I drink it black. Creamer is just...too much," I reply, taking the cup from his hands.
  "What?" Nini asks, "that's not right. You always get your triple triple with sugar and pumps of mocha...."
"Ever wonder why I don't get it as much? I get those on my bad days."
She gives me a concerned look before sighing.
"Okay then. Well, we have like 6 hours before we gotta go some where...so what do you want to do."
"There's not much to do," I say with a small chuckle,"we don't have a car and I'm sure Lachlan needs to head to work soon."
"I'm..sure we can walk somewhere."
"We also don't have money."
"Oh my lord Ricky."
"What?"
"Not everything needs money spent. We don't need to buy our way into a park do we? How about a walk? Probably not."
"Okay okay. We can go in a bit. Why do you want to go somewhere?"
"Uhm," she puts down her glass of water, "we're here for what? 2 more days I think."
I see Lachlan in the corner of my eye, he's just staring and sipping his coffee. A bit weird, but I don't really have a say since I'm living in his house.
"Alright guys," Lachlan finally says out of the blue, "I'm gonna get ready for work. Nini has some keys and you guys can do anything here for all I care. Just don't rob me, or have a party."
I force a laugh at his joke, Nini does too and hers is a ton more obvious. He leaves, leaving me and Nini alone.
"Wait so do you want to go to the park or go on a walk?
  "None," she says blandly, starting to walk to the sink.
  "Heh, what?"
  "What time does East High open?"
  "What are you talking about?"
   "Eh doesn't matter. I know a way in from the back."
   "Can I have some clarity? What are you talking about?"
   "Seriously?" She faces me. "Your the one who told me we'd go and you forgot?"
  I stop and think. What the actual hell could this girl be talking about.
  "Ricky! Picnic? Closet?"
  Oh shit.
   "Right! Right. Sorry," I smack my head," I forgot. Uhm. Uh. I can make something. I'm sure he has something in his fridge."
  I walk over to his fridge and peer through it. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Plus, I basically owe him my life right now, how much more can I lose?
"We don't have to go right away. Just trying to time things."
I sigh.

Lachlan
  "I see your waiting for me again today boss," I say, forcing a smile as I wave a piece of news paper towards the standing figure at my desk. "Something wrong or am I just that special?"
  "Not a joke today Woodson,"
  "Right."
  "Richard Bowen was released yesterday, correct?"
  "Uhm, yes. Yes he was."
   He plops a photo on my desk. I reach the figure and pick it up and gaze.
  "Well, this was him the night of that girls raping, or supposedly the night."
  The hell?
"Where'd you get this?"
"Another anonymous delivery. God, these are getting so damn fun to get aren't they? Well," he taps my shoulder, "get him back here and question him. No way is that man innocent positioned that way."
  He walks away, leaving just me, my desk, and the photo.
  The photo was Ricky, supposedly at some sort of party, holding a beer in one hand, and supporting a girl along with another guy on the other side of her as they seemed to trudge upstairs. The girl was clearly influenced and to be frank, it looked a lot like Nini.
  I put the photo in my private drawer and lock it, making sure that no one, could get in.

  Nini
  "Where the hell are you going Ricky?!" I question as we head to the back of the school. "It's over here."
   "I'm not going to know everything Nini," he says, running back towards me.
  We made some sandwiches and brought lemonade with us. It was always a regular classic when we would do picnics, besides of course, a lot of fruit or just fast food. The fast food was mostly surprises. A couple of times before the play, he would go to my locker with In and Out or Chick Fil-A and just smile. He wouldn't do or say anything except smile and hold this huge bag of food. The first time he did that, I had absolutely no clue what he was trying to do. So I questioned him, and instead of using his words, he grabbed my hand and pulled me through the hallways and into a closet. I thought I was getting kidnapped by my boyfriend at the time but just turns out, he just wanted to skip a few classes and eat, and hey, I wasn't complaining.
  "You've this way haven't you?" I ask.
"No? When we did this, it was normally when we were inside. Not sneaking around the cameras and through bushes." We pass a window and he stops and looks at himself through the reflection. "And I didn't look like a mess either."
  I laugh and pull him to the back door and try to open it, but it was locked.
  "Shit."
  I sigh.
   "Don't question me on this," I say as I grab a stick from the ground, "this isn't a movie. Just...don't ask."
  I pry open the door and drop the stick. As I walk in, from the corner of my eye, I saw Ricky just standing there eyes wide open, but he quickly catches up to me.
  "I-..cool. Alright then." He says.
  We walk across the gymnasium and into the small storage closet.
   "God I miss this.." Ricky says quietly with a bright smile on his face.

Okay this was short, I admit. Not only was it short bu it took me a week to get this out and I'm sorry! But we're taking this one step at a time. You guys are always going to get a chapter until this book is done, and even the sequel if there is one. I hope you enjoyed this short (but important) chapter.
Enjoy your night or day!