Chapter 57. PT 2

Ricky
"What a- do you mean? You know about Nini?" I ask. I look down at her. She was either worried or scared.
"We know. What else is there to say?" EJ crosses his arms. "And you were so damn close to him and you didn't even notice."
"What the hell are you talking about Caswell?" Nini asks in a mean tone.
"Why didn't you tell us? We went to school with you and you acted like nothing happened, and now? Your basically working with the enemy."
"If you don't clear this shit up right n-"
"Jesus, listen Ricky. For once." Ashlyn says. "We're trying to help you."
"You aren't helping if you aren't telling me."
"Fine," He takes something out of his back pocket. It was a photo of Nini. "This is what we know."
  Nini's hand tightens around mine. I've forgotten that she hasn't seen her photos.
"And before you say anything, no. None of us took this photo, or the hundreds that were taken."
I was eager to let go of Nini's hand. It was like she was trying to kill me.
"Look, I'm sure this wasn't what you expected when you came back to Salt Lake, so I-...let me clear..somethings up. That Axel guy? Yeah, he's my cousin. Yes he was sent to give that note but no. I didn't expect you to come. He was there for a different reason.

*Flashback* Axel POV
"It was cool to meet you." I turn around and begin walking away. I stop and take out my phone once I hear the door close. I dial EJ.
"Note was given. What else did you want me to do?"
"Go around. Take pictures of the bedrooms. Don't take any if it there are people in there. Wait. I don't care if your waiting till morning."
"Ugh," I scoff, "you better thank me after this."
"Hm. Funny."

***

"We wanted you to come to one of our houses, so we did that. Originally, we wanted you to come to Ginas house, but we didn't expect you to come to mine."
"So..you replicated our rooms?" I ask.
"To scare you. It worked..clearly." Ashlyn comments.
"And you know...about the night of the party?"
"I-..yes. Yes we do. And we know exactly who did that to you."
"Who?"

EJ takes out his phone and starts calling someone. I watch in confusion.
"Hey. Mind coming to the cafe? I got something for you." He says before ending the call.
"Nini..hey.." I turn to her. "Your killing me here."
She looks down at our hands before letting go.
"Sorry."
"Hey EJ," it was Lachlan. "What did y- oh. Hey..guys.." he puts his phone into his pocket.
"Lachlan? What are you doing here?"
"I'm just doing my job as an officer. You guys here for the performance?"
"That's who," EJ points at him, "that's who your looking for."
My heart stops for a second.
"You guys are looking for me? Do you guys need help with anything?"
"I know who he looked like EJ. Trust me Lachlan isn't him, he's an officer for fucks sakes."
"What are you guys talking about?" Lachlan asks.
"How else do you think he got those pictures Nini? It's obvious. He knows everything." EJ walks up to him, "don't you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean. What the hell were you going to do once you quote on quote found her rapist?"
"Wait, you don't th- seriously man?" He starts chuckling. "Your are out of your mind."
"I'm not. Who'd you think sent all of those photos to you? And why didn't you put them in evidence huh? Was it the red ink that just made it seem too useless?"

I don't know what to believe. I don't..it just doesn't make sense.

Lachlan's concerned face quickly turns into a smirk. It was scary how quickly his mood changed.

"That was you, huh? What a cheap piece of shit." He puts his hand on his gun canister, causing me to immediately push Nini behind me. "I'm surprised you out of all people found out."
"EJ, back up." I say, "are you trying to die?!"
"I sure as hell want to see if he can even." EJ states calmly. Is he a fucking psychopath?

Lachlan puts his hand on his radio.
"Back up at East High High School." The radio was all static. "Hello?"
"Oh shit, sorry man." EJ says, " I forgot to mention. Your contract for East High? Yeah no, it was you signing a release from the police station. They're going to want your badge once you go to jail."

I didn't understand a thing that was going on except that..I've been lied to.

"You have no fucking evidence of shit." He pulls out his gun and aims it directly at EJ.
"EJ move!" Nini yells from behind me. "Are you crazy?!"

Lachlan begins backing up, almost wanting to run. EJ doesn't seem to care and continues walking with him. No one around us seemed to care. They were just staring with their arms crossed.

"Take one more step EJ. One more fucking step!" I couldn't see the gun. "I'm warning you, seriously."

He continues to walk like a psychopath.
"EJ..listen man back up," I try saying calmly, "he has a gun do you not fucking realize that?"

I hear a click from the gun, causing me to flinch, but there was no bullet. The gun was empty.

"Quick tip," EJ says, "don't leave your gun unsupervised when your going to get a pen from the mail room. It's quite unprofessional."

He drops the gun and continues to grin.

"Too bad. Thank god I got a back up."

I don't know why, but it was almost an instinct. I start running towards the 2 as Lachlan pulls out a second gun. My name getting shouted out multiple times as I do so.
Before he could pull the trigger, I push EJ out of the way and aim for the center mass of Lachlan, but not before a gun shot went off.

Pt 2.
Chapter 58 coming soon.
Vote and Comment.
-CR❤️