Chapter 82. Clarity

Ricky Bowen.
I take a deep breath. I wipe away the tears off my face. I shouldn't have put those thoughts into my head.

It's not worth it.
There are worst lies out there.
It's not worth it.

"Mr. Bowen!" I hear someone say behind me, stretching out the name. "Be careful up there babe."

I can't help but slightly grin. I reluctantly back away from the ledge and turn around. The sight of Nini in a long button up black coat and a little beanie just warms my heart.

I begin walking towards her with my arms out, welcoming her with all my love.

She smiles before gladly running up to me, jumping onto me. I chuckle as she wraps her legs around me. I grip her waist tightly and place my lips onto hers, kissing her as softly as I can. She notices and returns the manor, kissing me as gently as she can. It all just warms me up inside, the way she does anything. Her candy cane chapstick will never get old.

I continue to kiss her without any anger, but passion. The bitter cold felt like nothing against me and her and I could easily kiss her until I mess myself up so much to the point where I'll apologize for doing absolutely nothing but everything I've wanted to do.

We reluctantly pull away, a small grin on both our faces. I keep one hand on her waist and use the other to cup her face.

"God, you looks adorable in that beanie." I say with a slight laugh.

"Me?" She scoffs, "baby, look at you, with your little curly hair sticking out of your beanie."

I roll my eyes before beginning to spin her around on the roof, far away from the edge. Her little laughter blocking the noises of the city traffic causes me to just laugh just as much.

"I love you," she says as I lean up against the brick wall, her still gripping onto me.

"I love you too." I plant a kiss on her forehead. "Are you cold?"

"Not too much, but you clearly are. Have long have you been out here?"

"I think about for like an hour. It's nice up here."

"Hey," she examines my eyes, "your eyes are a bit swollen. Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah I'm good. I'm good my love."

Her eyes light up at the name. She doesn't say anything though, but just looks at me. All of me, seemingly taking me in.

"God What the fuck did I do to deserve you." She says, wrapping her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly.

I smirk and sit down, keeping her on my lap.

"Well, I'm sure I can list tons but I don't think we have enough time in the world for that." I sigh. "How have you and your moms been holding up?"

"Better, thanks to you." She fixes the scarf on my neck. "Though once we get back to UCLA, I'm going to need to apply to that Tim Hortons because I really need to get a new keyboard."

I try to keep the grin on my face, but it did nothing except make me want to go straight back to that roof edge.

"I really love you Nini, you know that?" I say, cupping her face again.

"Its refreshing to hear you say it." She responds, making me chuckle.

"Yeah. But I love you..so so much, and I want you to know that nothing will change that. No matter what you do, and no matter what..I do. I love you with all of my fucking heart."

"Where's all this coming from Bowen?" She take one of my hands cupping her face off, and holds it in hers.

"I just..I needed to get that off my chest that's all."