Chapter 88. Turned Away

Ricky
"What?" I ask as I hold the phone up to my ear. "Why did you call?"

"So she gave the message," Skye says annoyed, "that's good isn't it?"

"What was so important? Seriously." I find myself fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"I- Uh..I wanted to let you know that it's uh..it's a girl." She holds her head down as if she was sad, but I found myself happy, internally screaming.

"Really?" I ask softly. "It's a girl?"

"Mhm." She looks up at me. "There's our Athena."

I study her face, her droopy eyes, her parted lips..she was upset. What the fuck did Nini say her?

"What's wrong?" I ask sternly. "Skye?"

"Is Lachlan out? Out of Jail?" Her eyes dug into mine, and for a moment, I remembered why I fell in love with her in the first place.

"Yeah. Did you not know that?" I raise a brow.

"No. No I didn't..I-..do you know who bailed him out?"

"No. I don't. Why are you upset?"

"Because only our parents could've bailed him out," she rests her elbows on the metal table in front of us. The only thing separating us were the pathetic piece of glass in front of us. "And why would they only bail him out?"

"Skye..no. Don't worry about him."

"If anything Richard, I worry about you. About your girlfriend, Lachlan is a dangerous man!" She surprises herself at the sudden voice change and lowers her voice. "Is Kant out?"

"No. No, I don't believe so, and hey. You don't need to worry about us. We've placed a restraining order against him." She nods. I quickly find myself smiling all of a sudden. "It's a girl?"

"It's a girl," she responds. "It's a fucking girl."

We find ourselves sort of chucking with some joy. God..a girl. What else?

"Uh, so Nini isn't in your plan?" She questions.

"No." I respond quickly. "She's not in the plan...I'm doing this alone."

Skye's face drains, she very well seemed ashamed.

"As long as your safe Ricky, I trust you."

I grin.

Lachlan
"Brother," Kant says with a small smile. The chains hit on the metal table. "You're out?"

"Obviously," I hold my hands out, "my hands are free. I'm here."

He scoffs. "Who bailed you out hm?"

"Who else. Mom and Dad. You want to know how they got the money?" I ask.

"Humor me."

"They robbed the Roberts family and burned down their home," I find myself laughing, "didn't think such old people could have such skills."

"And they only had enough money for you?" Kants expression changes. "Pathetic."

"No. They have more than enough money to bail both you and Skye out, but they're keeping the money for themselves. It'll get them on their feet."

"Hm," Kant hums, "so we know how the favorite is don't we?"

I smirk. Why did they bail me out anyway?

"Why are you telling me this Lachy?"

"Because I don't agree with them." I move closer to him. "Us 2 can do a lot of good things you know that right?"