Chapter 53

Lachlan
"What is your plan here Kant? Just threaten the kid when he already has to deal with Skye's pregnancy?" I ask, leaning on the wall next to him.

"I'm not going to fucking torture him. To be honest, I'm quite done with him."

"Then why are you here?"

"Jesus, are you dumb? I'm here for Skye! Get that through your thick skull. I have no plan. We're just here for her and for the baby. Then we'll give it away and we'll be on our way back to Chicago."

"Don't you think that Ricky wants the child for fuck sakes?"

"That's the thing. We don't care. He did that to her and left."

"He left her?" I ask. I didn't know that.

"I- yeah. He knocked her up and left Chicago. He deserves everything coming at him."

Ricky doesn't seem like one to just..leave but he is here. With Nini or for Nini.

"You didn't know that, did ya?" Kant asks with a grin. He takes a sip of his beer. "Eh, you don't know a lot of things."

Ricky
I move to the side, giving her more space. I run a hand through her hair as she lays on my arm. Nini fell asleep, and I never..never..thought I'd have have sex in a hospital but..I don't mind.

I cover her with the blanket more and just lay there. I didn't know what else to do. I was tired and I'm not supposed to leave this bed. I'm staying here for one night and I have a weird buzzer thing for whenever I need something and I don't know. I just don't understand how alcohol does this but..I guess we don't know a lot of things.

  A knock on the door randomly startling  me. EJ enters the room along with Gina and everyone else. Immediately, I cover Nini.

  "Jesus, why knock when your just gonna go in?" I question, still trying to cover myself.

"Is that N- yup. Okay." Gina begins, trying to process everything. EJ looks at me almost impressed while everyone else sort of just sits down.

"Yes. Just. Um. How did you guys.." I begin.

"Oh, Lachlan. He uh..told me about it." EJ points at Nini, still confused. "That's..Nini?"

  I reluctantly nod. At this point, there's no reason to hide her. I look at her to check if she's awake, and she hasn't woken.

"$5 Seb." Carlos begins, hand out, "told ya they were going to get together.

I arch a brow.

"You bet over us?" I question.

"We all did." Ashlyn says, "Red owes me 10."

"EJ owes me 15." Gina joins, smiling at EJ who is still confused.

"Hm. Right."

  Seb puts down a vase of flowers next to me. I give him a thankful smile.

"So you 2..are.." Kourtney begins to ask.

"I.." I want to reply in my way but. "We don't put a..name on it."

"Anyways. Um. Are you feeling well. What happened?" Ashlyn asks.

"Just passed out. I'll be fine." I pause. "What'd you guys do at East High..kids doing well?"

  They all nod with a grin. Nini shuffles, catching all of our attentions. I can tell she starting to wake up. I sit up, still covered, and move my arm, letting her head rest on the pillow.

"Okay then. Um. So, how long are you going to stay in Utah?" Gina asks.

"I don't know to be honest. It's all on-. I probably am gonna stay for the performance."

"That's good. We all are, aren't we?"

Yeahs fill the room, causing me to smile. EJ looks at me closely, confusing me.

"Have you been crying?" He asks, examining me.

I feel under my eyes and realize how puffy they are. I force a fake laugh.

"Nope. Must've poked my eye or something. I'm cool."

Nini blinks her eyes open, but only I can tell. I prepare myself for what ever wreckage is about to happen.

"Well the kids ar-"

"Holy sh-" Nini says out of the blue, sitting up, holding a blanket over herself. Everyone looks at her. "This..is awkward..okay."

I hold in my laugh as I put my arm around her.

"Good day to you too Nini." Carlos says, smiling. She looks at me like I'm crazy.

"You guys have just been..standing here?" She asks.

"Y-yeah. Pretty much." I answer for them.

"Jesus that's really awkward." She looks up at them, who are all grinning.

"Your fine, Nini. Honestly, we knew we were going to see something eventually." Kourtney snickers.

"I- okay then. Well..I- Uh. Hey?"

They all reply back with a Hey as well.

"We were just checking up on Ricky. But how are you?" Red asks.

"I'm..fine. T-thank you." Nini was genuinely confused and I don't blame her.

"I-..should we leave? I think we should leave." Gina says, starting to walk towards the door. Everyone nods and follows behind her.

"Thank you for coming guys.." I try saying as they walk out. Carlos gives me a thumbs up before he closes the door.

I return my eyes to Nini who's eyes were extremely wide.

"You alright?" I ask, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah. Just..god that was bad." She rubs her temple in embarrassment. I pull her closer to me and kiss her on the head.

"Your fine. Don't worry. Could've been worse."

"Whatever," she gets up and puts on her clothes. I look away in hopes of giving her privacy. "How long are you staying here?"

"Over night. I'll get to go home tomorrow." I answer.

"Okay. Um, I need to go. I'll come back in a bit." She grabs her phone and looks at the time.

"What? Where are you going?"

"I'm just visiting my mom. She's like 3 floors up. I'll be back soon."

She brushes herself up and gives me a kiss on the head. I grip her arm before she can leave and pull her back to me. I place my lips on hers as she recoils. I grin as I pull away.

"Alright, go ahead." I say, letting go of her hand.

She smiles as she leaves.

Trying to post so we can finish this book quicker😂 RAO5 (Ring Academy of 5) hasn't been getting fair writing time and since I already have some of the sequel prepared, I'll continue writing for RAO5 after I finish this book. Which won't be long, so don't worry!
I've noticed that you guys have these brilliant predictions, and I'd love to hear them all. What do you guys think is going to happen in this book and what do you think the plot of the sequel is going to be?
Comment and Vote!
Enjoy Your Day or Night!
-CR